Not open for further replies.

Jas O

Reaction score
Oakdale, Pa here.

Enough with the commercials already.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Towelie

Reaction score
ZoneBlitz44. I too live in Grove City ohio. Ill be at the vzw store here on stringtown the morning of launch. Perhaps ill see you there

StinkyPete

Reaction score
That earlier tweet from VerizonWireless...

"We share excitement about the HTC Thunderbolt! When there's actual news, you'll get it here. Until then, on to other topics."

I was a little shocked by it. Sort of snippy. Sort of like when the kids ask if we can go for ice cream and they have been asking all day... and I get mad and yell at them... "When I am ready... we will go... until then, stop pestering me!"

How can a company be annoyed that its customers want to buy something from them?

StevieJ

Reaction score
^^^ I think that might be more to do with that fake Facebook page that someone made about it being "released".

derekmiller12

Reaction score

"We share excitement about the HTC Thunderbolt! When there's actual news, you'll get it here. Until then, on to other topics."

I was a little shocked by it. Sort of snippy. Sort of like when the kids ask if we can go for ice cream and they have been asking all day... and I get mad and yell at them... "When I am ready... we will go... until then, stop pestering me!"

How can a company be annoyed that its customers want to buy something from them?

I was thinking the same thing when I read it, I was like wow I cant believe they just said that.. But if you look at their twitter and facebook no matter what they post people are responding with where is the TB? Whens it comin out? I just really wish Verizon would give a date.. It gives us SOMETHING.. Not all the wishful hoping that its going to come out on the rumored date.. They are getting alot of free advertising with all the people talkin about the TB although it has been showing to anger alot of people with the delays and Verizon secret messages that dont tell us anything..

smokiedabong

Reaction score

It's simple , they are annoyed because everybody is waiting for Thunderbolt and nobody's buying the iPhone , I bet this is the reason why the TB is delayed . VZ has payed a ton of money for the iPhone in adds and I bet they also have to pay Apple if they are not selling enough of them because compared to the GSM version produced for ATT which can be also used on any other carrier in the world ( Vodafone , Orange , China Mobile etc. ) the VZ version is only for VZ cause not many carriers are using 1700 Mhz CDMA so if they produced 2 millions CDMA boards for the iPhone and they only sold 1 million they have a problem .
Today I saw reports on three different news channels in favor of the iPhone 4 and they mentioned that iPhone5 may not get here till the end of the year , I think VZ has something to do with those reports . I also got 2 emails this week from VZ trying to sell me the iPhone .

Last edited:

Arachnidus

Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing when I read it, I was like wow I cant believe they just said that.. But if you look at their twitter and facebook no matter what they post people are responding with where is the TB? Whens it comin out? I just really wish Verizon would give a date.. It gives us SOMETHING.. Not all the wishful hoping that its going to come out on the rumored date.. They are getting alot of free advertising with all the people talkin about the TB although it has been showing to anger alot of people with the delays and Verizon secret messages that dont tell us anything..

The sheer attitude that statement conveys makes me want to slap someone. It's disgraceful how poorly they're handling this. Why couldn't they just launch the damn phone or at least tell us when it's coming, or why it's getting delayed...

Munstir

Reaction score
Just an FYI guys, somebody brought up that subject about the other thread. I'm still watching. And I gave him a break because he was new.

This is the thread for the discussion. Again if you have a problem with it pm me, do not discuss it in open forum. I don't want to shut down this thread.

Enjoy yourselves.

Off topic but about the request if someone that went to that thread comes in here but doesn't go back and look through the pages at what you have said will you punish them? There's no real way for you to tell if they have read what you asked not to do. Curious is all wouldn't want people getting the boot for walking in blind on this thread.

You're right, it is off topic. pm me if you have any other questions.

I take that back actually to be honest it wasn't off topic my question has to do with this thread seeing as how I'm asking you to let the community know somehow that you aren't going to suspend them because they didn't go back and read your messages. So can you please post somewhere at the start of the thread for people to PM you with questions they may have just in case?

Now more about the thunderbolt my friend working at best buy tonight called me up after work and told me they didn't get any shipment of them in today but possibly might get some tomorrow morning and that's in Jacksonville, FL. I'll be sure to post what happens tomorrow morning so good luck to everyone and here's to hoping that the BOLT strikes tomorrow! dancedroid

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

Noway the xoom is tommorow they wont release it tomm. Cant wait to be xooming around

Munstir

Reaction score
Noway the xoom is tommorow they wont release it tomm. Cant wait to be xooming around

Your right maybe I'll buy that instead if the thunderbolt isn't there tomorrow so I can xoom xoom with you lol.

Kidding but if I wanted to I'd also get 50% off what ever the price of it is after a contract. Which I think is about $300 I'd end up paying for it. Was hoping to use it on the thunderbolt to bring it down to $125 but I do want a tablet!

Last edited:

Its TwiX

Reaction score

Your right maybe I'll buy that instead if the thunderbolt isn't there tomorrow so I can xoom xoom with you lol.

And have no 4Gs or Adobes. Yay. :D Just poking fun. No flaming needed.

Anyway... I'm looking forward to a March 3rd release. I don't think every VZW and Best Buy store is going to be getting the Thunderbolt shipped tomorrow morning and putting them up that morning for release. Doesn't make sense to me. And since VZW always releases on a Thursday... 28th is kind of out for me too. Though I don't think a silent release would be smart in this case... it does kind of make sense. LTE is new. Testing the strength of a new network is hard to do when it's just in testing so doing a silent release would bring people in bursts instead of all at one time which could perhaps cripple the new network. Just a thought. I don't think they will do a silent release.

daniel73

Reaction score
They will have to rename the phone! Intel has the copyright on the name "Thunderbolt", in which they will be introducing a new peripheral connection at 10:00am EST. And will be featured on the new MacBook Pro's from Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.