When typing a text letters appear without me typing them

Z0827

Reaction score
I don't know how to better describe this, but when I go to send a message to a certain contact the letters "Uh" are automatically in the message box where I type. It is only with one contact and no one else. I have to delete it every time and don't know how it got there.

Hotshot26

Reaction score
Same here, 'strung' appears, only for one contact, not sure how to fix though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Ned

Reaction score
Have the same problem here with text prefilling the message area when replying to a certain contact.

A little more detail on where it is happening.

If you go into the text message via the SMS app and reply to a contact the text appears. If you go into that contact (through contacts) and send a message that way the text does not appear. I am thinking it related to the SMS app but can not figure it out. It seems to be just on the reply and not when creating a new text.

This is only happing with one contact. Have tried deleting the sms thread and deleting all draft sms.

I dug through the 333 page user manual on the HTC site and could not find any reference to "auto text" which this appears to be.

Jacquiroze

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue. I deleted all draft messages but the problem persists. Two contacts are affected and they happen to be the two I text most often. It's becoming a pain because I have to delete the unwanted words before typing my message.

Ned

Reaction score
Here is a fix that worked for me.

Go into the offending text message
Then hit menu--> more--> delete--> delete thread--> check delete locked messages the hit ok.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cnmsales

Reaction score
Is it just with the stock message app? Try using handcent. You will like it better than stock app anyway.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Any other fixes for this problem? I'm having the exact same issue

This thread has been struck by THUNDER...lightning?

Smellsham

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Tried deleting thread, drafts, etc. Nothing works. I downloaded handcent but I don't know if I want that. Any solutions??

glennj

Reaction score
Same issue here.....drafts auto-entered text when I started the stock messaging app....even after I deleted drafts multiple times and deleted the threads.

The only thing that worked for me was to go to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All> and then just Force Stop and clear the cache in Messaging.

Smellsham

Reaction score
I restarted my phone and it got rid of them. Who knows. Weird fix. Hope it's permanent.

amyeliz88

Reaction score
I was having the same issue and it was always auto drafting "Mike is trying to text better" whenever I received a text from my husband, and from him only. I tried everything, from deleting entire SMS threads, to restarting to my phone, but the only thing that worked was glennj's suggestion to clear all the cache messages. So strange.

kgc

Reaction score
Same issue here: everytime I open a text thread from my husband a very old unfinished (and unsent) text appears in the message box [something dumb regarding Pizza].

I have deleted all threads, drafts and more. I can find no auto msg function to turn off?

Is there a tech support hotline? I'm hoping you guys are it!

:mad:

Nspireu

Reaction score
Turn Off Predictive Text Dictionary or what you referred to as words automatically appearing when you type.

Go to Home Screen
Then 'Menu'
Tap 'Settings'
Scroll down to 'Language & Keyboard' & tap
Go to 'Touch Input' (tap)
Go to 'Text input' (tap)
Uncheck 'Prediction'

*This should resolve the issue mentioned of words popping up--attempting to predict what you're trying to type. However, this is a very good feature once you learn how to use it properly. It saves time by selecting words you 'may' be trying to type. Check it out and try it before deleting it. Hope it helps.

Editing or deleting a word in the predictive text dictionary
You can edit or remove words that you previously added to the predictive text dictionary.
From the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings > Language & keyboard > Touch Input.
Tap Personal dictionary > Edit personal dictionary.
To edit a word, tap the word itself.
To delete words from the dictionary, press MENU and tap Delete. Then choose the words to remove and tap OK.