Letters being deleted as typing?

Spikezilla

Reaction score
A lot of times when I am typing out a text the letters I just type start deleting themselves. It has been happening a lot and is kind of annoying trying to text. Anyone else run into this problem or know a fix for it?

runswithpickles

Reaction score
Yup, this happens to me as well. Not all the time though.

Restarting the phone helps.

However, the best way to solve this is to use the swype beta. Swyping isn't affected at all.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've noticed this happens when you press two letters almost at the same time. It's a multi-touch issue. Try it. Press two letters at the same time and you'll get one letter then the other letter will replace the other. I haven't been able to duplicate it 100% of the time but a lot of the time. Really annoying. Wishing there was like a multi-touch OFF option.

OP
S

Spikezilla

Reaction score
Yeah I hope there is a fix for this soon. I'll I have to slow down my typing for now.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

dhaymond

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys are using another keyboard or factory, but if so. Make sure T9 is turned off. I noticed that when that was happening to me; that's what it was. Just a heads up.

sent from my 4G LTE

OP
S

Spikezilla

Reaction score
Where exactly do you turn that setting off?

dhaymond

Reaction score
I just know better keyboards. So if that what your using than you'll want to go, settings; language & keyboards, better keyboard settings, than hit keyboards and layouts. All those settings are in there. Hopefully that's what it is and that helps. Goodluck

sent from my 4G LTE

OP
S

Spikezilla

Reaction score
Yeah I am just using the stock one but I am sure it is the same I will try that thanks.

funkyb

Reaction score
Are you holding the phone in your right hand? If yes, are you sure your palm isn't lightly toching the edge of the screen, near the back button? That's was I figured out was causing this for me...

Camaros_Kill

Reaction score
It feels more like a lack of multi touch to me. i think whats happening is that it thinks you are moving your thumb from one letter to another without lifting off. If you use one thumb to slide around the keyboard youll see that it shows the letter you are hovering over, without actually typing it until you lift off the screen. The multitouch isnt seeing you lift off before you hit the next key, making it think you simply slid your thumb over instead of actually pressing two seperate keys. If there is a way to increase multi touch sensitivity, i think that would fix the problem.