When is LTE going live in your area?

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
It seems that LTE is being tested in so many areas, and Verizon reps have quoted people a likely timeframe LTE would be coming to your area, why not a section for rumors/ confirmation.

I live in duluth mn and a in-store rep told me 2012, but on the phone with tech support she let slip it would be active in my area this year. However she didn't give an actual quarter or month.

What have you heard about your area that is currently 3g only?

by the beard of Zeus.

I live in Grand Rapids, MI and I heard it will be sometime this summer. Not sure I believe it or not but we will see.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Hope it is this year for Duluth. Can't wait to see that 4G icon up top. Even if its just for testing at first. Closest place to me is the twin cities right now.

by the beard of Zeus

i live in kansas city and right now our airport has LTE but thats it(so yes i drive up there to play when i have way too much freetime)

i have been told this summer, quarter 4 and early 2012... all in a matter of days

i live in kansas city and right now our airport has LTE but thats it(so yes i drive up there to play when i have way too much freetime)
You Too?
I have been told this summer, quarter 4 and early 2012... all in a matter of days[/QUOTE]
lol, the last I heard was Q4, what happened to all NFL cities at launch?

I have been picking it up every now and then for the past couple days in Sioux Falls, SD. Apparently it should be live by the end of the second quarter here, or so I was told by the guy at the Verizon store. So i'm pumped for that to happen.

We could use an updated or leaked 4G roadmap

by the beard of Zeus

AT&T had a tv conference here in raleigh, nc yesterday and annouced cominng soon for them, verizon can't be too far behind, heard june/july, but charlotte nc already has.

Are people finding that their areas will be getting 4G coverage even though Verizon's published 4G rollout doesn't list their area anytime soon?

Where I work already has 4G. However, where I live probably won't get 4G for another year to 18 months. That was pretty much the same delay when Verizon rolled out 3G as well.

I'm in Ft walton Beach, FL. The store rep told me that Pensacola to Mobile will get it in early Fall '11 and we should have it by the end of the year. I hope she's right!

I live in D town! Go Bulldogs! Unfortunately I'm graduating this semester so I have to leave beautiful Duluth...

Sent from a smoke filled room.

Yeah go bulldogs! I was going to go to the game too. Could have tested out 4G in Minneapolis, but couldn't make it. Notre dame is going down

by the beard of Zeus

Back