When does the Note 3 get 5.0?

Raydee35

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows the time line as to when we will get lollypop on the Note 3?

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
I believe Samsung has officially let the build go, and that some European carriers have released the update. But I can't find even so much as a rumor about when it will come to the States...

I need to factory wipe my phone since it hasn't been super pleased with the 4.4.4 update, but it would be nice (since I'm lazy) to just wait and do the wipe after Lollipop comes along.

Last edited:

_33

Reaction score
Got mine for tmo yesterday. It's the best update I've ever gotten! Everything seems better. The phone seems much more responsive and crisp. Nice work Google. The exact version is 5.0.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Like always Verizon is dead last. They have to put all their junk software in it first.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Like always Verizon is dead last. They have to put all their junk software in it first.

Not always. They were the first in the U.S. to release 5.0 for the Galaxy S5, and they were one of the first in the world to release 4.4.4 for the S5. They're far from the best, but they are getting better.

Hopefully the Note 3 (along with the Note 4) on Verizon will see its update soon.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Looks like the Lollipop update hit last week for Verizon customers. So far it is working very well on my note 3.

skipbl92

Reaction score
I updated mine to Lollipop (had to use 4G in order to recognize it). It started out nice, but after a couple of charges my battery life is almost half of what it used to be. Then after a reboot and I go to access my app list it will take up to 10 seconds before I see my list of apps. I may just take VZW up on the Edge Up to S6!

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
Just updated my Note 3, went well. Hope it improves the fringe area reception. Mine would bounce from 4g to 3g or extended, had to reboot to return to 4g.

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
Been very happy the upgrade. I have not seen my phone out of 4g since the update. The real test will be my summer place that always had poor cell coverage with VZ. Also fixed is an email "load details" spinning issue, this would fail in both wifi and cellular mode. Phone seem to be more responsive, can go a full day on a battery charge except when using Waze. Waze has been always a battery user. At least in a car you can plug in.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I can't wait to try it out on my Note Edge. If I still own it when 5.0 finally comes out on it :D