When connected to wifi

OP
greenchicken

greenchicken

Reaction score
Yes when connected through wifi your data does through it not verizon.

when I asked that I said just go to that whats my ip site and look for myself....

Now what happens when you get around an unsecured wifi away from home? Will it ask me to connect or do it automagically?

MOTODROID JON

Reaction score
i have found it to connect automatically if it is named the same as one that you have been on before... like wifi connections named "linksys" etc... once you connect to it , it connects to it automatically in the future (if enabled) even if its not the same signal.

OP
greenchicken

greenchicken

Reaction score
i have found it to connect automatically if it is named the same as one that you have been on before... like wifi connections named "linksys" etc... once you connect to it , it connects to it automatically in the future (if enabled) even if its not the same signal.

interesting, thanks..... they should just make an option to auto connect to unsecured wifi.....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
because connecting to an unsecured network and using it's data (unless specified as a free wifi), is potentially a 3rd degree felony. People who don't lock their routers near you because they aren't tech savvy, still are deemed to the right of privacy on their network.

OP
greenchicken

greenchicken

Reaction score
because connecting to an unsecured network and using it's data (unless specified as a free wifi), is potentially a 3rd degree felony. People who don't lock their routers near you because they aren't tech savvy, still are deemed to the right of privacy on their network.

probably about as big of a chance of getting convicted as pulling the tag off of a pillow...:icon_ devil:

wsbsteven

Reaction score

probably about as big of a chance of getting convicted as pulling the tag off of a pillow...:icon_ devil:

If you read the tag, the consumer is allowed to pull off the tag so no crime committed.

gdoane

Reaction score

interesting, thanks..... they should just make an option to auto connect to unsecured wifi.....

You're kidding, right? Unsecured wifi is a two-way threat, kind of like VD but digital. You're getting into their machine but they're also getting into yours.

The Droid, by all accounts, is an open-source phone. A hackers dream machine, if you will. From what I understand about MAC addresses, those could be used as a range to identify a Droid by a hacker, and a virus set up to track and hack Droids.

People who are too lazy and cheap to secure their networks are probably too lazy and cheap to secure their computers from viruses. They may not even mean to do what they're about to do when you join their network.

Even my crummy old HP laptop asks if I want to join a network on wifi. Usually the answer is not only no, but HELL NO and that thing is running Norton 2010 on Win XP. If I don't know the network is secure, maintained, and clear I won't get on it.

I wouldn't touch a free prostitute either, for the same basic reasons.