When a call ends my phone is locked

kristinz84

Reaction score
Hi,

When I am talking to "whoever" and want to hang up the phone; the screen is locked. I already have the screen timeout set to 10 minutes. What's going on?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi,

When I am talking to "whoever" and want to hang up the phone; the screen is locked. I already have the screen timeout set to 10 minutes. What's going on?

It sounds as if your "proximity sensor" is not working correctly. When you hold the phone to your ear it is supposed to "go dark," not lock but go dark. When you take it away from your ear it should light up again, but it usually takes a second or two.

Some people have reported that long hair interferes with the proximity sensor and others have reported faulty sensors. If your phone is remaining dark you may have reason to replace the phone.

eliassami5

Reaction score
if your phone is locked and you get a call then when the call ends it goes back to the lock screen. That should not happen if your phone is not locked and you get a call.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much!

You're welcome. By the way, if you have your timeout set to 10 minutes, it's likely that you're using much more battery than you need to. (Or you're pushing the power button to turn off your phone when you're not using it more than you need to.)

To avoid that, you might consider getting "Screebl" from the market. It allows you to set the timeout to 15 seconds but as long as you're holding the phone in something other than a horizontal position it will stay on. Thus, you can simply lay the phone down on a table to turn it off automatically (in 15 seconds) but as long as you're holding the phone it will stay on.

gszeman

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the same issue, thanks for posting this. I also have a shaved head, so I am sure that having long hair isn't the reason for me! :p I was wondering if there was an app that would lock the screen when in a call, but not lock the phone. But it sounds like that's what is supposed to happen anyways...I'll have to check and see if it makes a difference if the phone is locked or not when I recieve the call...and I'll also test it to see what happens on outgoing calls.

Thanks for the suggestion on Screebl...I think I'm going to give it a try.

Gkenn

Hearnmeister

Reaction score
Phone issues

Ok..this may post twice..something happened...anyway, while talking on my phone without a headset, something would buzz....I could hear the other person, but they couldn't hear me..I thought it was the mute, but when I looked at the screen, it was only a keyboard with numbers pushed..with the help of my patient sister, I figured out somehow the "add a call" function for a conference call was being set off by my face..maybe while talking, not sure. Anyway, I delete the numbers and push the back button and can get back to the call. It seems to happen when the phone is on my right ear as opposed to the left...Any ideas on how to stop this from happening???