What's your Goog Voice Area Code?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If you ask Google for a new number to REPLACE your current GV # there is a $10 charge. After 90 days, your old # gets removed. If you want to KEEP your old # permanently, there is a one time $20 charge.
Who would want their old number, If I'm paying for a new number?

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Who would want their old number, If I'm paying for a new number?

Someone using it for their small business.
The Hardcore GV user. At the end of your 90 days you get an email telling you exactly how many people still called the old number. If that number is significant?
This guy?
drug-dealer.jpg

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If you ask Google for a new number to REPLACE your current GV # there is a $10 charge. After 90 days, your old # gets removed. If you want to KEEP your old # permanently, there is a one time $20 charge.
I don't get it.. must be missing something.. Years ago I got my Google number in NY 516 area code. I still have the same number nothing has changed.. and have not paid anything

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't get it.. must be missing something.. Years ago I got my Google number in NY 516 area code. I still have the same number nothing has changed.. and have not paid anything
But you're not trying to change it. That's when you pay now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

wcjeep

Reaction score
I only use my GV number for voicemail. I do not use the Verizon Voicemail system. My Verizon number auto forwards to GV Voicemail. It's also the same area code for both of my numbers. I think it asked for the area code for me to search and choose. Changed search to City. This opened up the choice of GV.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Vzw - 906 (Upper Michigan)
GV - 316 (Wichita, Kansas are)

I set up my GV number years ago with an area code and exchange that weren't long distance for my parents and other family to call from their landlines since it was free. Now that everyone has cell phones, I've often thought about changing it to a local number. I really only use it for voicemail as others have said, but I suppose I could see use cases for the GV number to be given to someone instead of my VZW number. Maybe it's worth the $10...Not sure. Actually been thinking about it lately.