What's using my cell signal? 2.2 killing battery fast

lokiju

Reaction score
I can't figure out what's happening under the hood.

When I first got 2.2 up and running last night (not the first time I've done 2.2 btw) it was auto downloading apps from the market but wasn't making any progress and after I got that all cleaned up I thought that'd fix my battery drain, non-stop cell/data usage but something is still happening that's draining my battery extremely fast and causing my cell antenna area (above battery) to be warm to the touch.

My battery was a 60% after being unplugged for only an hour.

I did the Moto Droid 2.2 leaked rom, rooted.

I have Spare Parts running but I'm not seeing clearly so far what the issue is.

Has anyone else had this and figured out how to fix it?

Thanks!

Last edited:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Have you updated to the latest baseband that leaked out along with the leaked Froyo 2.2?

I have the same battery life with 2.2 I was getting with 2.1.

Someone I helped update to 2.2 was going through 2 batteries in a 7 hour period until he updated his baseband.....then said he was getting similar to what he was getting when running 2.1

OP
L

lokiju

Reaction score
Have you updated to the latest baseband that leaked out along with the leaked Froyo 2.2?

I have the same battery life with 2.2 I was getting with 2.1.

Someone I helped update to 2.2 was going through 2 batteries in a 7 hour period until he updated his baseband.....then said he was getting similar to what he was getting when running 2.1

Yep. Did the baseband updates.

sgtpeppersband9

Reaction score
If you're not constantly needing to sync your background data and need LBS turn off all data on phone by going to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Network> Uncheck Data. This will save your battery more than anything particularly with the new security issue with FB being the main reason batteries are sucked dry.

alm0614

Reaction score
is there a widget that can turn on and off data with one click?

sgtpeppersband9

Reaction score
There aren't any on the power option widget but there are alot in the android market for free