What's up everybody?! i'm new!

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Dave, i've been cooking ROM's for my Samsung Omnia i910 for the past year and i'm finally fed up with it! Hopefully this Thursday i'll be a proud owner of the Droid X and become part of the Android Community!!dancedroid

This seems like a great site, can't wait to check out the rest!

later

blazer

cromo8

Reaction score
future welcome to the community lol

ull like it here a lotdancedroid

OP
DroidBlazer00

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score
thank you all for the warm welcome! and i will go check out the other site as well!!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome
Say good by to windows on your phone, and hello to android.
Your upcoming drid X will be a welcomed change from that omnia.

Dont forget to ask away, there are many people here ready to help.

OP
DroidBlazer00

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score
@quicksilver and googleaddict, thanks for the warm welcome! And i am sooo looking forward to getting rid of WinMo!!! I've been patiently awaiting my chance to upgrade to Android, and the time has finally come!! lol!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was waiting years for technology to catch up to where i could customize my phone in the way i can with my Droid. My previous phone was a LG Chocolate vx8550 the curvy one. that was a good little phone but the droid is way better.
Side note: a year before the droid came out i almost bought a Omnia. LOL

OP
DroidBlazer00

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score
haha, yea the Omnia isn't horrible after hacking it! lol but after 18 months of owning it, it's time for an upgrade. I'm still considering maybe just getting the Original droid yet tho, just becuz of the abilities of adding custom ROM's.... not too sure yet on what i want to do. Anybody got suggestions as to my dilemna?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your set on getting the Droid X then go for it, but it might be awhile before anybody will have custom roms. Check out this link. It talks about how there might not be any custom roms for the X due to a locked down bootloader.
Stay optimistic though. I kind of want an X as well but i might wait until it gets rooted.