Whats the overall/general condition of your phone?

eperrine

Reaction score
Please state what phone you have to begin with.
One
How long have you had your phone for?
Two How is it's internal performance going?
Three How is its physical appearance eg. scratches, marks, dents etc?
Four How have you helped to prevent these physical damages being caused (eg. screen protectors, cases).
Five Do you care about the condition of your phone?
Six Other? Additional info?

In my case: (Samsung G2)
1: One month (approx)
2: Fantastic, flawless, no lag experiences as of yet.
3: Brand new condition.
4: I have a white plastic case, and a screen protector. Although the phone looks better without this protection, 5: The condition of my phone is important to me, having physical marks on it would effect my view of the phone (i swear i have an OCD of some kind).

Beka27

Reaction score
One How long have you had your phone for?

Since October, so... 9 months.

Performance is fantastic. Smooth as butter. Rooted, rommed (running Liberty GB .8 with the Gingercomb Juiced theme), using ADW launcher...

Pristine. Just had it outta the case yesterday.

Four How have you helped to prevent these physical damages being caused (eg. screen protectors, cases).

I have the standard VZ Body Glove case with the Steinheil Crystal Clear screen protector. The screen protector has a few tiny scratches that are only noticeable when the screen is off, but better a 12 dollar screen get scratched than the device itself.

Doesn't everyone? My phone is expensive, my contract is expensive. I protect the phone physically AND it is insured.

Older Android phones still go for a good amount of money on ebay, craigslist. Take care of what you have so when it's time to get something new, you can help off-set some of the cost by selling your old phone, or better yet, donate it to an Android newbie or developer.

OP
E

eperrine

Reaction score

Since October, so... 9 months.

Performance is fantastic. Smooth as butter. Rooted, rommed (running Liberty GB .8 with the Gingercomb Juiced theme), using ADW launcher...

Pristine. Just had it outta the case yesterday.

I have the standard VZ Body Glove case with the Steinheil Crystal Clear screen protector. The screen protector has a few tiny scratches that are only noticeable when the screen is off, but better a 12 dollar screen get scratched than the device itself.

Doesn't everyone? My phone is expensive, my contract is expensive. I protect the phone physically AND it is insured.

Older Android phones still go for a good amount of money on ebay, craigslist. Take care of what you have so when it's time to get something new, you can help off-set some of the cost by selling your old phone, or better yet, donate it to an Android newbie or developer.

Nice :) I love the response to number five, in the same situation as myself. And it's comforting to know your phones still working perfectly after nine months. P.S (THIS IS IRRELEVANT but..) It seems as if everyones rooted phone is working more smoothly then stock.. since i have a macbook; would rooting be possible?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Only 4 months.

Very good...I hope.

Pretty much none. You would think it was new.

I use a case, and make sure I never drop it.

Yes.

This is my first smartphone that has lasted 3+ months without breaking or having issues.

OP
E

eperrine

Reaction score

Only 4 months.

Very good...I hope.

Pretty much none. You would think it was new.

I use a case, and make sure I never drop it.

Yes.

This is my first smartphone that has lasted 3+ months without breaking or having issues.

Awesome, thanks for the great reply :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
OG Droid

One
Approaching 2 years. I got it about 2 weeks after release date.

I get decent internal performance. It is as responsive and performs about as well as I can expect it to perform for being an outdated phone. I can't play some of the fancier games and apps, but that is expected. It does what I want and need pretty well. Could always be faster though right?

My phone has a few scratches on the casing, either from slight drops or rubbing against keys or whatever over the course of it's life. You would have to look pretty close to see most of them, there is a pretty good one though on the near the power button on the screen part of the slider. Also my camera button is no longer gold, it is white, but that just flakes off for a lot of people.

I used to use a case, and although it did protect the phone pretty well, I felt it did me very little good. It increased the temperatures (at the time I was overclocking to 1.2Ghz or above and it was getting hot outside). It was a pain to get on and off, which I needed to do battery pulls from time to time.

I have always used a screen protector. Not so much to actually protect the screen, but to help prevent smudges.

I baby it when it is a newborn, but once it is old enough and starts acting up and isn't so new and cute anymore, I stop babying it so much. I still take care of it, but I will put it in the same pocket with my keys knowingly. I toss it to a buddy when I don't feel like getting up to hand it to him, I will not do this to the wife as she can't catch a cold hehe.

I am starting to run into battery issues, as in my battery doesn't hold a charge as long as it used to. I know I can get them for about $5 - $10, but I keep putting off buying one as I plan on getting a new phone in the next couple months. I would guess my battery is about 80% of what it used to be. Oh and my camera button doesn't like working sometimes.

Beka27

Reaction score
I really like the Moto build. I'll be curious to see how the HTCs and Samsungs look when they are two years old. Bootloaders, bloat, and blurriness aside, I really feel that Moto builds a solid phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
One
Droid Incredible
1. Since Nov. 2010
2. Snappy still
3. Minus some tiny dents in the plastic surrounding the glass screen, flawless
4. Not throwing it around
5. Yes I do, I like mine to be like-new condition, which is why it's in such good condition
6. No screen protector or anything.

OP
E

eperrine

Reaction score
OG Droid

One
Approaching 2 years. I got it about 2 weeks after release date.

I get decent internal performance. It is as responsive and performs about as well as I can expect it to perform for being an outdated phone. I can't play some of the fancier games and apps, but that is expected. It does what I want and need pretty well. Could always be faster though right?

My phone has a few scratches on the casing, either from slight drops or rubbing against keys or whatever over the course of it's life. You would have to look pretty close to see most of them, there is a pretty good one though on the near the power button on the screen part of the slider. Also my camera button is no longer gold, it is white, but that just flakes off for a lot of people.

I used to use a case, and although it did protect the phone pretty well, I felt it did me very little good. It increased the temperatures (at the time I was overclocking to 1.2Ghz or above and it was getting hot outside). It was a pain to get on and off, which I needed to do battery pulls from time to time.

I have always used a screen protector. Not so much to actually protect the screen, but to help prevent smudges.

I baby it when it is a newborn, but once it is old enough and starts acting up and isn't so new and cute anymore, I stop babying it so much. I still take care of it, but I will put it in the same pocket with my keys knowingly. I toss it to a buddy when I don't feel like getting up to hand it to him, I will not do this to the wife as she can't catch a cold hehe.

I am starting to run into battery issues, as in my battery doesn't hold a charge as long as it used to. I know I can get them for about $5 - $10, but I keep putting off buying one as I plan on getting a new phone in the next couple months. I would guess my battery is about 80% of what it used to be. Oh and my camera button doesn't like working sometimes.

Wow, thats really impressive it's still working well after two years, and also comforts me to know that i don't have to update phones every single year. Lol, i like your response to number five, it's always the same case with me and technology. At first, i'm obsessive about protecting it, but after about a couple of months, i start treating it... badly :p

OP
E

eperrine

Reaction score
One
Droid Incredible
1. Since Nov. 2010
2. Snappy still
3. Minus some tiny dents in the plastic surrounding the glass screen, flawless
4. Not throwing it around
5. Yes I do, I like mine to be like-new condition, which is why it's in such good condition
6. No screen protector or anything.

Wow, you have no screen protector or case, yet it's in good condition! I applaud you, i didn't know how you achieved it. I remember with my previous android phone, i used to look after it a lot, yet i would still wake up in the morning and see big dents in the phone and deep scratches in the screen!

OP
E

eperrine

Reaction score
I really like the Moto build. I'll be curious to see how the HTCs and Samsungs look when they are two years old. Bootloaders, bloat, and blurriness aside, I really feel that Moto builds a solid phone.

Yeah, i agree, the Moto build does look very durable. Without my case and screen protector, i'm sure my Samsung would be a lot more vulnerable to damage then what a naked Moto droid would be. :motdroidhoriz: