What's the most disappointing thing about the new Galaxy S4?

diablo81588

Reaction score
The octa core chip is not a true 8 core design. It's 4 A15 cores with 4 power saver A9 cores. In all likelihood, due to the slower clock speed, the quad core snapdragon chip will outperform the octa core. The octa core is used only for battery saving purposes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

beckx020

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been posted before. But why is it that the US always seems to get a different processor than the rest of the world?

diablo81588

Reaction score
I'm sure it has to do with LTE and the million different bands it supports.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I'm sure it has to do with LTE and the million different bands it supports.

This was the case for the GS3, but Samsung said that both phones will support LTE. In fact, multiband LTE. So I don't get it. I also read that there is no official announcement on US version. There may still be hope.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

rbw62

Reaction score
The phone is just smoking. Many new features to mention, now the question begs, what will Apple sue them for now, for having too many features, LOL.

The SG 4 is an incremental update on the 3 with some software gimmicks that most will never use. What's new on/in it? Not much, the looks, case are the same, why not completely release a New version instead of a rehashed one?

Sent from Batcave

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The SG 4 is an incremental update on the 3 with some software gimmicks that most will never use. What's new on/in it? Not much, the looks, case are the same, why not completely release a New version instead of a rehashed one?

Sent from Batcave
If they had gone with a completely different design it would have a chance of scaring away their current customer base. The more you look at the GS4 the more different it looks from the GS3. Of course I'm sure all we've seen are pictures and videos, but I'm sure in person these differences will be more apparent in hand and a welcomed change.

Imo, it looks like the s3 and the Note 2 combined a bit, making a very good looking device. Maybe they're borrowing from the "Apple model" as well by not changing the looks so much, but improving more on software (which it seems they did). I personally can't wait to get this phone in my hands and debate whether I can own it for the next 2yrs or not, but so far it looks like I can.

Reaction score
there's already a whole forum for a phone that hasn't hit the market yet? :blink:

well, since we're on the topic, the most disapointing thing about this phone was seeing the prototype pictures of a phone with side to side glass (no bezel) that looked totally awesome--and then finding out it will look exactly like the s3 (cheap plasticy). samsung went the safe route since the s3 was so successful....cheesy

the hardware is sweet, of course. However, for the life of me i can't figure out why a phone needs 8 cores....that's more of a marketing gimmick than anything else. probably most of the cores will never see use...

rbw62

Reaction score
It is not going to have the advanced arm chipset, it has the same series processor as the One, but the speed is bumped up to 1.9.
In some markets the processor will be like the Ones, q 1.7.

Sent from Batcave

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Well, just read the Phonearena review and for me it seems like call quality is gonna be the biggest disappointment. I swear, why can't Sammy get the call issues right? They almost tricked me into buying this phone. Guess I will keep looking. :disappointed:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was never crazy about the Galaxy S series aesthetics so I have to say that's the most disappointing thing. They really can't depart to much from the design and I get that but if I had to name one thing, that would be it.

I wonder if/when Apple will sue them for making their the Galaxy S series all look the same. Apple truly did invent, and probably patented, the "everything looks alike" .
My only disappointment is I've not seen anything stating they won't allow carriers to bloat it and/or dumb it down should they choose to.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I dunno, I'm not really happy they are going with the Apple strategy but I think we need to accept that phone technology and general advances has slowed down. Its just not gonna be a big yearly jump like say from the OG to the X. I have the Note 2 and the S4 does nothing for me I'm gonna see what the N3 is gonna be like. What is there to design? Is the "slab" candy bar design it? Where do we go from here?

Sent from my Note 2 using the Droid Forums App

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well, just read the Phonearena review and for me it seems like call quality is gonna be the biggest disappointment. I swear, why can't Sammy get the call issues right? They almost tricked me into buying this phone. Guess I will keep looking. :disappointed:

I've wondered this same thing in the past, however, at least in the St. Louis area, everyone I've talked with on Verizon that has the galaxy S3 haven't had any call issues. I'm seriously looking at moving to the S4 from the Bionic.

themuttt

Reaction score
I wonder if/when Apple will sue them for making their the Galaxy S series all look the same. Apple truly did invent, and probably patented, the "everything looks alike" .
My only disappointment is I've not seen anything stating they won't allow carriers to bloat it and/or dumb it down should they choose to.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano
Really? I'm sure Porsche's 911 design that has changed little since 1963 would beg to differ on the "everything looks alike", and I'm sure they weren't the first. ;) Taking something that works (ie sells) well and tweaking it for the next addition, is what companies do. They will keep doing it until it becomes stale, then move on with a big makeover. That's how life works in the business world, you don't try to reinvent the wheel with every incarnation

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Really? I'm sure Porsche's 911 design that has changed little since 1963 would beg to differ on the "everything looks alike", and I'm sure they weren't the first. ;) Taking something that works (ie sells) well and tweaking it for the next addition, is what companies do. They will keep doing it until it becomes stale, then move on with a big makeover. That's how life works in the business world, you don't try to reinvent the wheel with every incarnation

Finally some one that gets it. The S3 is one of the best selling smart phones of all time. So why would they change the design of the S4? Also for all the people that say the the S4 is not that much of a upgrade from the S3 is crazy. Dual core to quad core, 720 pixel 1080 pixel, 8 mp to 13mp, 2100 mah battery to 2700 mah battery not to mention all the features it comes with. I am trying to figure out how this is a minor upgrade from the S3. If you really think about it the S2 to the S3 would be a minor upgrade. Oh wait they changed how the S3 looked compared to the S2 so it was the biggest upgrade in history