What's the most disappointing thing about the new Galaxy S4?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although I was a bit disappointed that the US will not get the Exynos 5 Octa-core chip, it may not matter in the long run. Who knows? Maybe we will get the Snapdragon 800 instead of the 600... The didn't specify in the press release. ;)

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone is just smoking. Many new features to mention, now the question begs, what will Apple sue them for now, for having too many features, LOL.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I was never crazy about the Galaxy S series aesthetics so I have to say that's the most disappointing thing. They really can't depart to much from the design and I get that but if I had to name one thing, that would be it.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you plan to flood the market with millions of phones, you need to keep your manufacturing process as simple as possible, trust me I know a thing or two about design and the manufacturing process and how it effects timelines. HTC is already having issues with their manufacturing of the HTC one, which looks sweet, but in the long run it's not what the phone looks like but how many units you can flood the market with "also the telcos hate not having enough of a product to sell", you see, by the time Sony and HTC get their handsets to the market, Samsung will have already flooded it with millions of units, people buy things that are readily available, when you tell someone that walks in a store that we are out of a product, more often than not they will buy another product. And we all know that the US telcos can not wait to get their hands on the next Samsung "with all those nice new features" flagship, a big money maker for them. Wait till all those Samsung S4 commercials hit the market.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Although I was a bit disappointed that the US will not get the Exynos 5 Octa-core chip, it may not matter in the long run. Who knows? Maybe we will get the Snapdragon 800 instead of the 600... The didn't specify in the press release. ;)
I must've missed this part (re-watching the release now since I was in class earlier), but that is awfully disappointing, might even be a dealbreaker for me.

The other disappointing part is it looks exactly like the s3 (unless I missed some little details) with just a bigger screen. Was hoping for some little design differences other than making it slimmer with a bigger screen.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I must've missed this part (re-watching the release now since I was in class earlier), but that is awfully disappointing, might even be a dealbreaker for me.

The other disappointing part is it looks exactly like the s3 (unless I missed some little details) with just a bigger screen. Was hoping for some little design differences other than making it slimmer with a bigger screen.
It has subtle differences, that I think are improvements. It is no longer has the annoying pebble shaped back, so maybe the ice-cube effect has been remedied and I can go naked again. It also has a metal-like band that spans the whole device. I don't think it's real metal, but it looks like it is. Basically, the device looks like a nicer S3. :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It has subtle differences, that I think are improvements. It is no longer has the annoying pebble shaped back, so maybe the ice-cube effect has been remedied and I can go naked again. It also has a metal-like band that spans the whole device. I don't think it's real metal, but it looks like it is. Basically, the device looks like a nicer S3. :)
Yeah after looking at some more pics it does have those subtle differences that make you appreciate the quality of it more. I need to get my hands on one to appreciate the work of it though.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Most disappointing thing...that it isn't going to hit markets till sometime after late April. That's a long time.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Most disappointing thing...that it isn't going to hit markets till sometime after late April. That's a long time.

Haha yup, especially for you huh Tis? You're just itching to use that upgrade

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
no octa in the us .. life is not worth living (exaggeration)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

diablo81588

Reaction score
I don't get all the complaints about the lack of the octa chip. Its not even a true 8 core chip, and provides no performance improvements other than potential increased battery life. The new quad core snapdragons are insanely fast.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

95gsrturbo

Reaction score
how are you sure there is no octo chip- I just rewatched the vid never said it???

My disappointment is batt so far-
looks are fine but the camera being centered as opposed to offset to the side seems weird to me for some reason.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Haha yup, especially for you huh Tis? You're just itching to use that upgrade

Lmao! It's killing me. Now I certainly don't want to find myself getting the sg3 or N2 only to wish I waited to hold out for the sg4.

diablo81588

Reaction score
how are you sure there is no octo chip- I just rewatched the vid never said it???

My disappointment is batt so far-
looks are fine but the camera being centered as opposed to offset to the side seems weird to me for some reason.

Its in the press release. The US will get 1.9ghz quad core and the international version will be 1.6ghz 4+4 "octa" core.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

95gsrturbo

Reaction score
press release

Never saw the press release- and I dont know much about processors, but wouldn't a 1.9 Ghz speed be faster than a 1.6 ??
how would the octo core be better than the quad?

IS this in relation to multitasking or more battery saving by spreading in the responsibility?