What's the largest group you've emailed via gmail/email?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Asking for a friend. Is there a limit to the number of recipients you can have for one email in gmail/email?

She's using a pop3 account @ our domain if that matters. (I've already warned her that the Gmail app won't let her setup a contacts group in her phone & then select it. I found that out the hard way trying to forward info on to the rest of the board)

If there is, are there third party options that don't have a limit?

This friend is the secretary of the community theater group I belong to & she wants to be able to email the general membership on the fly when she needs to. I forget the exact number on the list, but I know it's upwards of 100. So, is there an app that can handle large recipient lists?

Sent from my Note 4

I can create groups in my Contacts app. Then I can select the group, press the menu key, then select Email.

I'm not sure how many can be messaged at one time since I only require 10-15 max.

I can create groups in my Contacts app. Then I can select the group, press the menu key, then select Email.

I'm not sure how many can be messaged at one time since I only require 10-15 max.
Yeah, you can do that with the email app & maybe even the Gmail app, but if you're trying to forward or compose a new message within Gmail, there's no way to get a group from your contacts to show up. Only in email.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Sent from my Note 4

Back