What's the best?

mikep63

Reaction score
I couldn't find a general forum for this general question, but I am with Verizon, and want to know what the best Droid phone is for my needs.

I'm not a gamer. Do not do downloads, but could change in the future. But want the ease of use for music (itunes); email capability; picture taking and videoing.

I know this is subjective, but I wanted to hear from you all, as I just spent 40 minutes in a Verizon store and of course they wanted to sell me the Samsung Charge at $300 with a contract.

Hope to hear from you all.

Cheers,
Mike

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Don't buy it from Verizon. Buy from wirefly.com. Phones are almost half and they offer a superior insurance program. I'll be ordering a Droid incredible 2 on Monday. Nice size and feel in my hand. It's not 4G but the system is too new for me to be a Guinea pig. 5 MP camera and 1.3 MP front camera. Have fun and good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
M

mikep63

Reaction score
Don't buy it from Verizon. Buy from wirefly.com. Phones are almost half and they offer a superior insurance program. I'll be ordering a Droid incredible 2 on Monday. Nice size and feel in my hand. It's not 4G but the system is too new for me to be a Guinea pig. 5 MP camera and 1.3 MP front camera. Have fun and good luck!

Good to know, but how do I get the better deal on wirefly.com?

I am right at one year with my current contract and the Verizon guy said I am grand fathered in to upgrade at the one year point. Can I do the same thing on wirefly.com?

Also, I want to add to the initial post that I want to take it to the gym, so size is a little bit of a need. Not too big that is.

OP
M

mikep63

Reaction score
I'm quite surprised I haven't seen much input on my post. Would really like some guidance on what phone to get that fits my needs.

Mike

Good to know, but how do I get the better deal on wirefly.com?

I am right at one year with my current contract and the Verizon guy said I am grand fathered in to upgrade at the one year point. Can I do the same thing on wirefly.com?

Also, I want to add to the initial post that I want to take it to the gym, so size is a little bit of a need. Not too big that is.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Go to wirefly.com and select the phone you want. It will ask you for your Verizon info then process your order. If you are eligible for your upgrade they will send your new phone to you.

The incredible 2 is not that much bigger than the Droid 1. I laid mine on top of it and there was a very small part of the Inc 2 visible.

BTW don't know if the Rep told you but Verizon doesn't do one year contracts anymore. Two year only now.

OP
M

mikep63

Reaction score
I actually called wirefly and they show I'm not eligible for another year, but Verizon said I am grandfathered in for one last upgrade next month, as it is my one year point of contract.

So wirefly cannot do anything for me, and their price was like$50 less or so.

Mike

Go to wirefly.com and select the phone you want. It will ask you for your Verizon info then process your order. If you are eligible for your upgrade they will send your new phone to you.

The incredible 2 is not that much bigger than the Droid 1. I laid mine on top of it and there was a very small part of the Inc 2 visible.

BTW don't know if the Rep told you but Verizon doesn't do one year contracts anymore. Two year only now.