What’s the best type of protective case for Windows smartphone?

mattp53

Reaction score
Ok, so I had the unfortunate occurrence of dropping my phone the other day, and my heart immediately sunk. This is probably my 4th phone, but my first smartphone, and I have never bought a case or cover before. Finding the right case has been a little bit of a journey for me so far. I have been to several sites that I completely hated, because the pictures were too small or they did not have enough information...blah blah blah. To make a long story short, I stumbled across this site dedicated soley to windows phone cases (which is what I have).

I usually don't shamelessly promote sites, but I do give them some love when I see that they actually provide something useful. This particular WP7 case site really organized things for me. On the home page they have all of the different types of windows phone 7 cases laid out including Samsung Focus Cases, LG Quantum Cases, HTC Surround Cases, and HTC HD 7 Cases. Also, the images are huge (providing more than enough detail to make an informed decision) :) but the site is still relatively fast. I'm not sure what type of WP7 you have, but mine is a Focus. They do have dedicated pages for most of the popular models: http://www.windowsphone7cases.net

Now my only problem is what type of case to buy? Or, should I get more than one kind? Some of the cases look pretty cool (but the question is do they really protect the phone). Any feedback you would be appreciated. I'm thinking of getting a couple of different kinds, I mean they really don't cost much.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Windows? On a Droid forum?

This thread has been Thunder struck!

OP
M

mattp53

Reaction score
Lol

Well, they are pretty much the same when we're talking hardware. Also, most of my family members have Droids...just need some guidance generally..if thats ok.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You may have better responses over at xda honestly.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to off topic. Well so far I've seen a guy who claimed he rooted and bricked his Droid so he threw water on it, I guy posting about his iPhone because he thought he was in an iPhone Forum and now this. What's next?

Reaction score
Moved to off topic. Well so far I've seen a guy who claimed he rooted and bricked his Droid so he threw water on it, I guy posting about his iPhone because he thought he was in an iPhone Forum and now this. What's next?

Lol I've witnessed all of these topics as well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

RIM Blackberry tablet release date?

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Best "case" scenario...

My personal choice for a case (IF I had a windows smart phone):

A good, solid, steel trashcan.:wink:

(Sorry, it was just too darn easy)

Last edited: