Whats The Best App Backup Solution?

seanzy13

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the droid, had mine a couple weeks now running BB 1.0 and 1.2ghz kernel. I do however like to mess around and check out other roms as they become available though, and I'd like a good solution to app backup. When I flashed bugless beast I first went to my market downloads to see if they were all still there, and they were, so I proceeded to start a few apps downloading and installing and go about customizing the phone. After those few apps were done installing, I went back to download more, and they were all gone. The only apps in the downloads list were the apps I just downloaded 2 minutes ago, so I had to find all my other apps manually and install them.

I'v seen a few backup solutions out there, but it looks like a lot of them don't restore the apps link to the market, so you can't receive updates from the market after you reinstall. I would like a solution that stores all the apps on the SD card, and would either allow automatic or manual re-installation of all the apps, AND restore their links in the market to show they are installed and receive updates. Also a backup for my SMS messages would be great, but not completely required, apps are the most important. What do you recommend?

rdesi001

Reaction score
I was interested in this as well. I purchased MyBackup pro a while ago. I needed a replacement Droid and I went to restore my phone and was very disappointed. It kept SOME system setting, and I was only able to install about half of my programs from the backup. But most of all, I am particular about the placement of icons on my screen, widgets, etc, and this did not do that. Am I asking too much or is there an app that can essentially restore your phone to how it was identically?

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
Titanium Backup is the only way to go. It restores everything including your phones settings. It restores your market links so you can still receive updates from your apps and it restores all your home screens back to the way they were.

rdesi001

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, but don't you need root access for titanium backup?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've used Astro, MyBackup Pro, and Titanium.

Mike

yourname1245

Reaction score
hey when im updating or flashing roms will titanium hold my apps? this way when i need to reactivate i can just go on my sd card and pull them off rather then downloading everything over again.