Installations Unsuccessful

tofasttafuri

Reaction score
I am pretty sure threads like this have started here but there were no definitive solutions.

When I try and update certain apps from the market, I receive an error message saying "installation unsuccessful". The two apps that plague me are Street View and Facebook.

I am running CM6 if that helps.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you already have these installed as system apps they will not update from the Market, with Root Explorer (available in the market) navigate to system/app and look for street.apk and facebook.apk and rename them to street.apk.bak and facebook.apk.bak and reboot your device

Then go to the Market and download these apps, once you have a successful installation you can go back to system/app and delete these apps you renamed to .bak and your newly installed apps will be stored in data/app where they will recieve the next updates

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, and thanks...anything I can do to help, just let me know ;)

jvrcb17

Reaction score
Okay, I am having the same issue, but not with the system apps. I try to download apps from the market, and some of them just don't want to install. The two most recent of these issues I received when trying to download the new version of angry birds and Mini squadron lite. I have tried downloading the apk from different sources as well. but it just won't work. any suggestions?

OP
tofasttafuri

tofasttafuri

Reaction score
I know that with angry birds you have to unmount your sd card to install it then you can remount.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed Angry Birds and did not need to remove my SD card or rename any file.

cucucachu0000

Reaction score
im having the same problem with google search it doesnt show up as installed in the market but i see that the version in the market is newer than the one on my phone. when i click to install it downloads but says installation unsuccessful i have chevys simply stunning rom running. should i do the same thing here?

beckx020

Reaction score
If it's not system apps, and they are just stuck there and won't install, then going into settings, applications, manage applications, all, market place, then click clear data. It will take a while to repopulate the market. But you should be able to install the apps that got stuck.

jnestico

Reaction score
I am having the same problem all of a sudden on my droid 1.Tried clearing the data and cache but I still cant download any apps from the market place and my downloads show my apps on the list but a few show not installed,but they work fine.

beezyb

Reaction score
I have started to have the same problem too. Only the install is unsuccessful, not the download.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

beezyb

Reaction score
The only fix I have found is unmounting my SD card and then proceding with the install. Although this isn't a solution, it works for now.

naman919

Reaction score
The only fix I have found is unmounting my SD card and then proceding with the install. Although this isn't a solution, it works for now.

this worked for me. sucks, but it's a work around for now.

naman919

Reaction score
where/why did this issue just start springing up? Was it due to market updates on google's end?