what you guys think so far?

maz227

Reaction score
Didn't the LG ally come out today? Did anyone get it yet? My wife wants to get it and I'm just looking to see what everyone thinks of it so far.

blackmetalbuick

Reaction score
Just got mine today, loving it so far. None of the stores around here actually had it on the 27th but thanks to Verizon's online overnight shipping I didn't need to wait long.

I used to have an LG Dare, I'm much happier with the Ally. I love having a physical keyboard again. It is a bit cramped compared to the old Env 2 that I wished I still had compared to the Dare, and the spacebar being in the middle is a bit annoying, but I still don't think I'll ever want a phone with only a virtual keyboard again.

The browser works just fine with 3G connection but connecting to my home WiFi network was easy and now I can fly around the web.

The expense of this phone will already cover itself because I'll be selling my little Acer netbook and my GPS unit because this phone does it all.

Screen is so beautiful with all the pixels they cram in there. I can easily read tiny tiny text without even zooming in on a website.

I haven't really messed with downloading any aps yet.

I don't think it feels "cheap" like some reviews have said.

I actually love the design, but I guess I like under-stated black and gray designs, nothing too flashy. A lot of people say the design sucks but I like it.

Within the first few hours I was synced up to my Gmail account, Facebook, and Twitter.

I love it so far. I think it's a great phone for the average user. Doesn't matter to me that it doesn't have a snapdragon processor or a 8MP camera.

Mule65

Reaction score
Well. Way way way more force closes than I ever had with my moto droid. Love hate right now.

5/31 Edit: My office exchange email account was unable to sync calendar and contacts. I disabled the account and haven't had a FC since. A coworker confirmed the same issue on his Moto Droid. I'm starting to like the LG -- good battery, good phone, plenty fast and nicely packaged.

Last edited:

dantivirus

Reaction score
I have to agree, it feels solid, the keyboard is excellent. I actually prefer it over the droid keyboard. It has excellent battery life, especially if you use advance task killer. I can use mine all day and still have 50% battery. If I am just using wifi, I can keep it going about a day and a half.

Every email type I have tried worked first time every time.

People play with my phone for 10 minutes and turn around and buy it.

As to a snapdragon, it would be nice but I've played with the incredible, that thing just eats power. I rather overclock my ally and get a boost out of it. Better at power consumption that a snapdragon.

tuttinudi

Reaction score
I have had mine for about a week or so, traded my moto droid for it, and I love it so far! Definitely a great smartphone for the price!