Removing Preinstalled Apps

Reaction score
So far i have removed socialite, vzvoicemail, myspace, facebook from my wifes ally. Has anyone else removed anything other than those apps yet? And if so what was the results?

OP
bamaredwingsfan
Reaction score
Add the stock email app, LG calendar widget and the Dual Clock widget to the list. I removed them, and nothing has given me an error yet so that is good. Still looking to remove the LG launcher though, maybe someone has done it and lived to tell about it LOL:icon_ banana:

OP
bamaredwingsfan
Reaction score
Removed LG Launcher today, it didnt effect anything yet so that is good. I would like copy my phonebook and dialer apk files from my droid an try to install them on the ally. I have yet to find what is causing the facebook sync problem.

khanable

Reaction score
Great work!

Could you give a quick write up of exactly how you removed those files?

Did you just remove the apks?

I want to tweak my girlfriends ally, and I too am interested in porting over some droid apks..

Thanks!

ryanidcomm

Reaction score
lg launcher

Removed LG Launcher today, it didnt effect anything yet so that is good. I would like copy my phonebook and dialer apk files from my droid an try to install them on the ally. I have yet to find what is causing the facebook sync problem.

the lg launcher is good its not as heavy as the android launcher. it may not look as pretty but it runs at about half the ram the android launcher runs at

Cirnoskire

Reaction score
Yes tell us! Do you root it?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Superman

Reaction score
I'm having trouble. I have "unistalled" myspace app with Titanium a few times, but it never goes anywhere. When I launch the app drawer it's always still there. Even after a reboot. Any thoughts?

Cirnoskire

Reaction score
I'm having trouble. I have "unistalled" myspace app with Titanium a few times, but it never goes anywhere. When I launch the app drawer it's always still there. Even after a reboot. Any thoughts?

I dont see how were you rooted? I just eraced a lot of apps this morning including myspace

Superman

Reaction score
I used z4root. I was able to uninstall a whole bunch of other apps as well. Myspace seems to be the only one that is giving me trouble.

Cirnoskire

Reaction score
Maybe its different for each kind of phone. I've managed to root my phone with z4root and in titanium backup the first thing I removed was myspace and then skype and facebook and the useless apps that run in background

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

lalea1860

Reaction score
ally

I have rooted my phone, clicked allow superuser access and all that. Unibversal androot did not work but superone click did work
Now, I know this sounds stupid, but how do i remove the apps I do not want like amazon, city id, skype etc? (>%

lalea1860

Reaction score
oh

My ally/rooted. I have astro file finder on it, or I installed it, Perhaps I go from there?