What would you do? Razr Maxx HD vs. Droid DNA

Reaction score
A guy on craigslist wants to do a straight trade, his Droid DNA for my Razr Maxx HD. I'm pretty conflicted right now and plan on going to the store tomorrow to play around with the DNA.

So I'm turning to the droidforums community...what would you do and why? I love the battery life on my maxx hd, but I'm never far from a charger, the lure of DNA is enticing, it's the latest and greatest, and has a beautiful screen, plus 2 gigs of ram and a quad core processor.

The guy says he wants to trade it away because he doesn't like the sense ui

Let's hear some opinions and input!

KaChow

Reaction score
Well, considering that you can do a bootloader unlock throught htcdev.com. That would be a strong incentive for me, except I've had Sense running on the last four HTC devices and frankly I'm sick of looking at it. If there was bootloader unlock on the Razr Maxx HD, HTC would be selling out in Bankruptcy or are they already. Stick with the Razr, seems Motorola is trying new advances with that 4.1.2 and sure more will come. HTC is slow when it comes to updates, my EVO 3D must have waited 8-9 months for ICS, which got frustrated and pulled Virgin copy. Way I see it if you want Development encourage Developers show gratitude, thanks and donations. Lot's of things can be done for our Razr HD's.

OP
A
Reaction score
I'll be keeping my maxx HD, the DNA isn't worth it. I did some extensive reading and played with it in the store. I haven't had an HTC phone since my thunderbolt and with good reason, sense sucks.

The phone also felt too light and plasticy. I much prefer the heavy, solid feel of my maxx HD

jamjr74

Reaction score
Id go DNA but thats my opinion. Not a big motorola fan. They make solid devices but I do not care for the design of the razr line. Too boxy for my taste.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

harp666

Reaction score
For me the RAZR Max HD is the best phone I have ever had. I'm sure the DNA is awesome as well,but between the call quality,size and battery life I really can't see why anyone would consider the DNA when given the choice of the two. And keep in mind that the DNA needs 2meg of ram because of sense...and the quad core processor most would not notice with normal use...the screen... well that's the DNAs selling point...that's all.