What Verizon did for me droix x GB problem

gravebelly

Reaction score
Since the update on June 1 GB I have experienced problems with both navigator aps on my phone VZW and the stock navigator. The first time I called today we clean out phone reset it nothing worked. The vz navigator does not work on my phone since update. My phone is stock since I dont know how to do anything to it. The customer rep said she will do a trouble ticket and someone will call 24 to 48 hours.

My wife being a female got pissed called verizon they are sending me another droid x. The rep told me though not to update GB becuase the navigation problem is a known issue. Plus wifi does not work it turns off and on. I am mad very mad but what can i do. I want GB but if it will not let me use navigation that I relie on for my job it has no point for me. This sucks but oh well. Maybe in the future another update will happen but I guess I will wait until reviews come out beofre I attempt any GB on droid X. Just thought I would let you all know who are having some of the problems I have.

Reaction score
I don't have any of those problems with my phone. Gb is the best thing that Ive done on my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droosh

Reaction score
Just curious. What is better about Verizon Navigator that Google Navigation won't do?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MiggyxFresh

Reaction score
Just curious. What is better about Verizon Navigator that Google Navigation won't do?

In my opinion I think it's a wrong move to buy Verizon nav google maps offers more and it's free,but hey it's just my opinion..

cece5702

Reaction score
I must agree with you. I'm seeing a lot of folks having problems since the OTA update. Mine is working fine. Its much faster and sharper to me. I like the hard button light also. Whenever I'm in a dark room it comes on and when I'm in bright lighting, it goes off. Its really no big deal to me. My battery for the first two days did drain pretty fast but now its back to normal. So far, I'm liking Gingerbread.
I don't have any of those problems with my phone. Gb is the best thing that Ive done on my phone.

pjniez

Reaction score
VZ Navigator costs $10/month and Google Maps/Navigator are free. I've never tried VZ Navigator because it is not free. So I can't say which one is better. But I can say that I have stopped traveling with my Garmin GPS and have been using Google Navigation for over a year now. The only time I have used my Garmin in the past year was when we want camping last summer where wireless coverage is spotty.

Also, I have had no major issues agent installing GB.

OP
gravebelly

gravebelly

Reaction score

I dont know if there is anything better. I just perfer the the functions and like it better then google navigation. Both of them do not work though since my update as I have tried everyday. Maybe when phone comes in I will try sticking with google since it is free.

I guess when my phone gets here tomorrow I will not update to GB unless there is a fix to GB. Anyone heard of fixes maybe coming to GB? I am still having the battery issues and I do not talk or play on my phone any more then before the update.

OP
gravebelly

gravebelly

Reaction score

In my opinion I think it's a wrong move to buy Verizon nav google maps offers more and it's free,but hey it's just my opinion..

It is your opinion but you make a good point! Why pay for something if something else will get the job done for free :)

OP
gravebelly

gravebelly

Reaction score
I must agree with you. I'm seeing a lot of folks having problems since the OTA update. Mine is working fine. Its much faster and sharper to me. I like the hard button light also. Whenever I'm in a dark room it comes on and when I'm in bright lighting, it goes off. Its really no big deal to me. My battery for the first two days did drain pretty fast but now its back to normal. So far, I'm liking Gingerbread.

Glad you are having no issues. I am tempted to update when replacement x gets here tomorrow but at the same time I dont want to take a chance. I did not realize how much I depend on my phone for work. I liked what I saw of GB. I just wished battery would not drain so fast and GPS system picked up. The customer service rep at told me not to update with replacement phone. :icon_evil: I have been trying to find information on if I could roll back the GB to last update. I dont have a rooted phone I just kept everything stock. Guess I will wait and see if the future holds anything for fixes to GB on X. I am wondering if fixes will be created? I would think so since GB is coming to the X2 and I am sure they do not want to experience any possiable troubles with X2 if that were the case.

I got another year on my contract. I really wanted the X2 as I really do not care about 4G because it will be a while before it is everywhere. If anyone knows of a place that has the X2 for 200.00 or less let me know but that is wishful thinking.

Last edited:

CD95YJ

Reaction score
One thing to try even after doing a factory reset is to go into settings>applications>manage applications>all, then find Google maps and clear data for that app, then do the same for vz navigator. In the past I have had to do that to get Google maps to work after flashing a new rom, that might solve your problem.

CD95YJ

Reaction score

Glad you are having no issues. I am tempted to update when replacement x gets here tomorrow but at the same time I dont want to take a chance. I did not realize how much I depend on my phone for work. I liked what I saw of GB. I just wished battery would not drain so fast and GPS system picked up. The customer service rep at told me not to update with replacement phone. :icon_evil: I have been trying to find information on if I could roll back the GB to last update. I dont have a rooted phone I just kept everything stock. Guess I will wait and see if the future holds anything for fixes to GB on X. I am wondering if fixes will be created? I would think so since GB is coming to the X2 and I am sure they do not want to experience any possiable troubles with X2 if that were the case.

I got another year on my contract. I really wanted the X2 as I really do not care about 4G because it will be a while before it is everywhere. If anyone knows of a place that has the X2 for 200.00 or less let me know but that is wishful thinking.

There is a way to take the phone you have back to froyo and you don't have to be rooted. Basically what you would need to do is go to mydroidworld.com and download the 2.3.340 sbf file along with the rsdlite program (both found in the new 2.3.340 sbf thread in the Droid x discussion forum). Next download the latest motorola Droid x drivers (do a Google search for these). Once you have all these on your PC open up rsdlite, attach your phone via USB and put it in PC mode. Find the ... button on rsdlite and click it, find the sbf file and double click on it. This will load the sbf file to flash to your phone. As long as your phone shows up on line 1 at the bottom of rsdlite and the sbf file shows up in the upper right side of rsdlite your good to go, press start. Rsdlite will automatically put your phone into what's called the bootloader and revert it back to froyo for you. Once it boots back up your phone will be all sparkly and new, just like the day you got it :)

CD95YJ

Reaction score
And btw, if you decide to try the sbf option make sure your battery is charged over 70%

OP
gravebelly

gravebelly

Reaction score

There is a way to take the phone you have back to froyo and you don't have to be rooted. Basically what you would need to do is go to mydroidworld.com and download the 2.3.340 sbf file along with the rsdlite program (both found in the new 2.3.340 sbf thread in the Droid x discussion forum). Next download the latest motorola Droid x drivers (do a Google search for these). Once you have all these on your PC open up rsdlite, attach your phone via USB and put it in PC mode. Find the ... button on rsdlite and click it, find the sbf file and double click on it. This will load the sbf file to flash to your phone. As long as your phone shows up on line 1 at the bottom of rsdlite and the sbf file shows up in the upper right side of rsdlite your good to go, press start. Rsdlite will automatically put your phone into what's called the bootloader and revert it back to froyo for you. Once it boots back up your phone will be all sparkly and new, just like the day you got it :)

Thanks for this! An update got my phone yesterday in the mail. The GB was on it no known issues yet running the 596. All issues have been resolved so far and battery life is better then ever. :icon_ banana:

thinman72069

Reaction score
I'm going to call vzn tomorrow and try to get this resolved. How does it work when they send you a new phone? Do I mail this one in? What?