Getting a new phone do to wifi issues BUT........

meaker

Reaction score
I called verizon today about my wifi not working worth a bean since the GB update.. So after he asked all what I tried, he's sending me a new phone.. Great I guess. I mean I bet I still have the problem..

But my main question, is this I'm rooted and this new phone is coming with GB pre-installed. Will I be able to sbf it back to Froyo and root it then put the 2 part rooted GB on? Or cause it's coming with GB pre-installed will I be stuck until somebody you can root GB without going back to froyo?

After being rooted I would hate to be stock....lol

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
I was running the Gingerbread OTA which I updated to from my stock Froyo Droid X. I then got a Nook Color Tablet and rooted that and wanted to use my Droid X as a mobile Hotspot for it.
So I then SBF back to Froyo on my Gingerbread OTA phone and that worked fine. I then updated to the .596 version of Gingerbread (The release version, not the OTA version) and then rooted that. It works just fine...: )

porpoise hork

Reaction score
as long as it has the 30.04 boot loader yes you should be able to SBFD back to froyo.

just be sure to wipe it a few times after you go back to froyo because of the bootloop.

OP
M

meaker

Reaction score
as long as it has the 30.04 boot loader yes you should be able to SBFD back to froyo.

just be sure to wipe it a few times after you go back to froyo because of the bootloop.

thanks. Hope that it does.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

porpoise hork

Reaction score
Np. It should, I haven't heard of any of the newer dx's having a different boot loader.