What to look for when buying used D1?

Italian Angel

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I lost my D1 (LCD at least) when I dropped it in my coffee on Saturday. I've tried pretty much all the techniques/tricks on the site to revive her but with no luck. I'm not due for an upgrade until July, at which time I probably won't even upgrade until I'm absolutely sure I'm getting the best of the best. I couldn't be happier with my D1, had her since the day they were released.

I've watched a youtube on replacing the LCD but 2 things: its like bringing your car to the shop to get "fixed" - it's never the same after, and I've built/assembled computers but phones...totally different and I don't want to take the chance.

Anyway, I've heard so many horror stories about Assurion refurbs and REALLY want a D1 not a Incredible or even a D2 for a replacement.

Long and short of it is, I found someone who has posted their D1 for $100 on craigslist. Got some details via text last night that it's not a refurb, it's 8 mos old, never been rooted, and supposedly has no problems; they just upgraded to an EVO.

So, my question is - can anyone provide any advice or tips as to what to look for when I go check it out in a couple hours? I know to check the Dpad, volume and power button as far as hardware...anything else?

Thanks in advance!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If all possible, take it to a verizon store and activate there. There has been many horror stories from people using craigs list.

Swyped from a Droid

sportsterBK8

Reaction score
Esn esn esn!

The one thing to make sure of when buying a used phone is that it hasn't been reported stolen, if it has, you'll be buying a fancy mp3 player or something, because you won't be able to activate it on the network.

All you have to do is open the back and take out the battery, call verizon and read them the ESN and they'll confirm if it can be activated, once it's activated on your account, you are the only one that can report it stolen.

Other than that, just make sure to check that wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc all work, and that there aren't any funky things going on with touchscreen/button functionality.

Good luck, I'm currently trying to SELL my droid one, because I bought a Droid X on craigslist.

OP
Italian Angel

Italian Angel

Reaction score
I'm limited on time with the transaction so I'm waiting for the seller to send me the ESN so I can call VZW before I leave to go get it. Then I'll verify the ESN on the phone when I see it.

Thanks for all the quick responses!!