What to do with my old Droid?

BradSCJB

Reaction score
So I am goin Bionic. What should I do with my old droid?

Verizon will give me a $100 card for accessories if i trade it into them.

I looked around on my local craigslist and on ebay and it looks like they arent going for more than $50

The phone is 1 month old refurb in excellent cosmetic and working condition. I have a motorola car dock and a motorola cradle to sell along with it.

Should I give the phone to verizon for the $100 then sell the accessories i have? or take my chances in selling it all as a package?

eplantz9

Reaction score
pretty sure the $100 is NOT available if you trade-in a smartphone.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
If it's an og droid, keep it! Frame it and put it on your wall. You can tell your grandkids about it someday! The d1 was one of the greatest phones of all times! ;-) That's what I'd do!
Seriously though, you might as well keep it as a backup phone since they're only 50 bucks!

OP
B

BradSCJB

Reaction score
pretty sure the $100 is NOT available if you trade-in a smartphone.

um well, this states otherwise....

Smartphone Deals | Verizon Wireless

then theres this info stating that you can use it at the time of purchase....

Multiple RadioShack Deals on Verizon Phones Could Net the Droid Bionic for Only $100

although the above radioshack instant trade in savings has yet to be confirmed, i am headed down to radioshack here in a bit to give it a shot....whats the worst they can say? no? its worth a shot, right?

HI_Bio_Commando

Reaction score
Keep it, for backup, and as a valued device. The Motorola Droid is a revolutionary device, 'member when Motorola made the antenna, now that was/is a valuable piece of equipment if you still have one.

From my BIONIC using DroidForums app

sweetmike

Reaction score
Keep it as a backup. I ran into the same problem. I have the original droid. if you ever have to send in your phone for repair you can hook up the original until you get it back. esp. if the warranty period is over....

louy99

Reaction score
Keep it! You never know when you will be needing another. If you have never rooted and loaded roms, practice on it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pistacio

Reaction score
Keep it as a backup. I still have mine. I did sell another one i had ( the girlfriend's) with a home dock on eBay for $200 last week... the new owner loves it!

I still use it on WiFi when my D3 is on the charger....

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

palmerhg

Reaction score
got Bionic - Droid off Verizon network

I am going to keep my Droid. I had it connecting to wifi until after it was taken off Verizon network. I have it in airplane mode and wireless. Shows connection but will not link. I want to download root rom but will not be able to do so (easily) without a connection. Any ideas.
I like my Bionic and want to use my Droid for media stuff.

louy99

Reaction score
you should start by learning how to sbf the phone if you don't know how to. Perhaps starting fresh with an sbf will fix the wireless

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

pistacio

Reaction score
I am going to keep my Droid. I had it connecting to wifi until after it was taken off Verizon network. I have it in airplane mode and wireless. Shows connection but will not link. I want to download root rom but will not be able to do so (easily) without a connection. Any ideas.
I like my Bionic and want to use my Droid for media stuff.

You can still connect to a wireless network thru Wifi in airplane mode without it being activated on verizons network...maybe I misunderstood your post? Do you mean that you can't connect to your wireless network?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

palmerhg

Reaction score
I have two wireless networks that I connect to (used to connect to with Droid). I can connect with Bionic. When Verizon disconnected the Droid from their network, I am not able to connect to my two networks with wifi.
Anyone know what sbf is?

louy99

Reaction score
Yep, it takes you back to the older version...2.1 I think. Its super duper easy to root from there and load Roms, kernals.....that's what I do with my old D1. Sometimes I activate it for a day or two just because I miss it ;)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums