Selling my Droid - how do I clear it?

Sohcahtoa

Reaction score
I'm going to be selling my OG Droid to a friend since I don't need it since I upgraded to a D4. It has CM 7.1 installed. How do I clear all its memory to make sure they don't get my passwords and application data? I'm fine with it still having CM, I just don't want them to access my old stuff.

EDIT: Should also mention, I'm not including the SD card. The person I'm selling it to knows this. Will not having an SD card cause problems other than severely limiting apps/media storage?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I second what hondaguy says.

I mostly just posted in here to say awesome user name. Yes, I am admitting that I am nerdy enough to both understand and appreciate it. Cheers!

OP
S

Sohcahtoa

Reaction score
I wiped it, but that means I lost all the Google apps (Maps, Market, etc.). But I can't download it because the browser complains there's no SD card (Because there isn't). Also, I'd like to remove ADW Launcher and replace it with the simpler default launcher.

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Shouldn't have gotten rid of marketplace....but if you're sure you can get the .apk somewhere just search. Also just delete adw then once you get market running dl something else

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

OP
S

Sohcahtoa

Reaction score
Nevermind, you're right Market is still there. But I can't use the Market without a Google account and I'm not going to add my credentials to this phone. I tried to remove ADW but the option in Application management isn't there.

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Then just let your friend customize it how he wants

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah removing ADW would be tough on CM7 since it was the stock launcher for it. Like honda mentioned you could grab an apk offline somewhere but if the person who is getting the phone does not mind it's rooted then I would say they will be cool with it.