What to do with Droid X on it's first boot?

soulREBEL360

Reaction score
so, being that I'm a (former, lol) avid BlackBerry user, I'm seeing on all these Droid X youtube vids where the HTC Sense clock and weather widget is on the home screen. i've read somewhere online that the widget comes with Launcher Pro. anyone care to either validate this or point me to the site where i'm able to get said widget? dancedroid

Lightninrod

Reaction score
Should I charge all the way and then discharge and then charge all the way again before actually using it?

Your battery will be more accurate if you just start using your X with the factory charged amount. Use the X until the battery quits, then do a full recharge.

Immolate

Reaction score
Motorola advices you to charge the phone to full initially, and there are folks who say this is important, but the critical thing is to drain it completely initially, and then to do so again every once in a while (every month-ish). The battery's internal gauge needs to be show where the bottom and top of the battery are. Draining it shows the bottom, and filling it shows the top. The reason we don't need to worry about the top is because almost everyone charges their phone to full on a regular basis, but draining is far more rare. Draining your battery frequently will shorten its life, so don't do that.

As time goes by, the gauge gets less accurate, which is why it is good to drain the battery again now and then.

So top if off now or later, neither will hurt you, just remember to drain it at your first opportunity. Don't put too much faith in your battery readings until you do both.

KenniB

Reaction score
so, being that I'm a (former, lol) avid BlackBerry user, I'm seeing on all these Droid X youtube vids where the HTC Sense clock and weather widget is on the home screen. i've read somewhere online that the widget comes with Launcher Pro. anyone care to either validate this or point me to the site where i'm able to get said widget? dancedroid

I believe you get the HTC look with Beautiful Widgets.

chanatown

Reaction score
I'm going to agree with most of the above.

Decide on whether you want to use a launcher - I've got ADW and LP both still (using Home Switcher), but I will soon decide on one permanently.

I do like the HTC look, so Beautiful Widgets Home is front and center.

I also like Battery Left - it's helped me get a quick idea of battery usage without going to settings often.

All of the above and lots of widgets probably will have its effect on memory and battery at some point, but it's a tradeoff between what looks good (to each their own) and how you need it to perform.

Good luck!