what to do when Droid goes black...and i'm on the phone?

kpiskin

Reaction score
Actually this has happened to me and pressing the on/off switch didn't bring the screen back. I couldn't do anything after the call, and had to pull and then re-insert the battery to restart the phone.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Actually this has happened to me and pressing the on/off switch didn't bring the screen back. I couldn't do anything after the call, and had to pull and then re-insert the battery to restart the phone.

That is a whole other issue... there should be NO REASON to have to pull the battery and in that case there is something else going on. While I haven't been bothered by this annoyance (bug) with the sleeping handset, once the other person hangs up, I have been (and you should be) back to the state of a normal (sleeping) phone.

thelion

Reaction score
A word of advice: the screen goes black for a few reasons:

1. It is next to your face and the proximity sensor doesn't want you to cheek dial
2. To save battery life. This can be adjusted in settings

Sometimes the phone does freeze. My old Droid used to do this on calls > 10 minutes and I would have to do a battery pull. It was a defective phone. My new one works just fine.

And please, folks, use the search feature on your phone! You have a Google device - USE it!