What SetCpu settings prolong your battery the longest?

samiusmc

Reaction score
So far, I've found that 800 max and 250 min, set on "on demand" seems to make the battery last almost as long as stock? Anyone else?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The answer to the question the thread title asks is: The slowest speed possible for all settings.

But I want to reap the benefits of overclocking and would like my phone to be usable so I use slow settings in sleep mode and while charging and then I set faster cpu settings while in use.

With those settings my battery lasts longer than it did when I was stock.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I haven't found a setting that keeps it as long as stock, but since really getting in to personalizing and rooting, I use it more!

BTW, when you hit the power button to turn off the screen, is that considered sleep/standby mode? If not, when is it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The answer to the question the thread title asks is: The slowest speed possible for all settings.

But I want to reap the benefits of overclocking and would like my phone to be usable so I use slow settings in sleep mode and while charging and then I set faster cpu settings while in use.

With those settings my battery lasts longer than it did when I was stock.

I don't know. I'm running my Droid at 1GHZ and when I'm on the net at night like I am now my battery drains in a couple of hours. Indicator says 87% display.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I run 1.1Ghz max and 250 min on the main slider.
And the profiles are set to the following:

Charging 550/250
Sleep 250/250 (this is the battery saver) IMHO
Battery <=30% 550/250
Temp >50C 550/250

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm at 400/900 right now. In sleep mode (yes to BikeGuy...dark screen but powered on) my profile is 250/250 and charging I'm at 250/550

I suppose it depends on what your usage habits are like. If root and non-rooted you were a power user and while rooted you are overclocked then your battery will go down more. If you're phone is on standby/sleep-mode a lot then you have the chance to run the cpu at slower speeds than stock so your battery will last longer than it did at stock settings.

jasonb

Reaction score
i run at 1ghz max and 250 min with the "on demand" setting for my normal profile.

my sleep profile is 550 max and 125min on the "powersave" setting. i could probably even go down to 400max, but my battery life is already really good. battery life is great as long as i remember to turn off wifi when i leave for work.

superglen99

Reaction score
Can someone explain what the max/min means? For instance when phone is sleeping how is there amax and min? Asleep is asleep. You dont have sleep fast and sleep slow modes or something like that. IM not sure i understand what the profiles do. And i have my battery>50 600max/250min and last night my phone was well over 50 and still at 1GHZ. What gives?

jasonb

Reaction score
Can someone explain what the max/min means? For instance when phone is sleeping how is there amax and min? Asleep is asleep. You dont have sleep fast and sleep slow modes or something like that. IM not sure i understand what the profiles do. And i have my battery>50 600max/250min and last night my phone was well over 50 and still at 1GHZ. What gives?

minimum is the slowest the cpu will clock, maximum is the fastest the cpu will clock.

even when the phone is asleep there are still some processes running so the phone at times may need to speed up. also if you set it to low when sleeping the phone may not even wake up in time to answer a phone call. so be careful with setting it super low while sleeping.

setcpu reads the battery temp, not the cpu temp, so your cpu may have been above 50c, but the battery may not have been. honestly a battery failsafe of 50c is a bit high. i'd set it at a max of maybe 45c. personally i have mine at 41c

superglen99

Reaction score
Ill change the battry setting, i thought that was cpu.the dev. SHOULD really addthe cpu temp instead of the battery

jasonb

Reaction score
Ill change the battry setting, i thought that was cpu.the dev. SHOULD really addthe cpu temp instead of the battery

maybe he will eventually. with the kernel i am currently on i never get high enough to trip the failsafe anyway, so i am not worried