what retailers will have the Bionic opening day?

Mmracing

Reaction score
I'm considering getting my Bionic at Best Buy (in the past I have always bought directly from Verizon). I was wondering if Best Buy has been able to offer pre orders the week before the release date as Verizon has?

-:Sent from my ViewSonic GTablet (VEGAn) using Tapatalk Pro:-

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100%, but I believe only Verizon has the ability to do pre-orders on a new device. Even big box stores like Costco don't receive new mobile devices until 2 weeks after the official release.

Since the mobile departments aren't owned by Verizon, they aren't allowed to sell products until Verizon allows them to.

J5311

Reaction score
The best on contract deals usually comes from Best Buy because you usually don't have to wait for the rebates. They offer them with the sale.

krammer66

Reaction score
$299 ?????

The Deal is if you open a American Express account with Costco the Phone will be $299

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any link showing this? Seems unlikely unless you're talking about the crazy bundle deal they were supposedly advertising.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So wait, $299 for a Bionic off contract as long as you open an Am-Ex card?

krammer66

Reaction score
Costco

Yes, with Costco atleast this is what the sales associate for the phones told my mother. I guess you could call the sales people to find out if this is true.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The nearest Costco to me is 200 miles away... I wonder if my sister in California would be willing to sign up for an Am-Ex card and send me the phone... hahaha

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Costco won't be getting the phone for at least 5 weeks from now. Seems unlikely that a sales associate would know such a specific deal like this, which would have to be agreed upon from Motorola and American Express.

I call shenanigans.

Was probably trying to convince your Mother to open a credit card account with him. If I'm not mistaken, they have to fill CC quotas every month to keep their jobs.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Big box stores like Costco don't get new devices until 2-3 weeks after the official release.

The rumored official release date for the Bionic is September 8th(still not confirmed), so that means there's still 9 days until the rumored official release date. Add 2-3 weeks onto that, we'll be seeing it at Costco around September 22-29th.

Renae

Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but I've got my coworker turned on to the bionic now. I keep him updated on what we hear on here and today he said to me that he got an email from costco saying that they will have the bionic on the 8th for $299 with the bundle. Has anyone else who is a costco member received an email with the same info? The nearest costco to me is about 40 minutes away.....speeding.