What phone will replace my turbo?

k1601

Reaction score
Well, long story short verizon told me it would likely cost 300 dollars to replace my phone with the cracked screen guarantee due to a small Crack on the back. Not happy about it, but it is what it is.
I don't need one now, but my new phone time line just got moved up. The Moto x seems pretty promising, but am wondering what else would be a good phone.
Highest phone is battery. Looking for 5.2 up to 5.5 or so screen. What should I look at? Probably looking at 6 months to a year for replacement

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Turbo 2?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
Turbo 2?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thought about it, and might go that direction. The only concern was price. I'm hoping to stay under 400. Figuring on buying one unlocked instead of through verizon.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
For Me I really want the Moto Droid Z Force. I don't want to stay with Verizon and don't know if it is worth Paying full Retail. Maybe I would just get the 2 Year Contract and then Pay the Early Term. I'm tired of Giving Verizon my Paycheck.

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
For Me I really want the Moto Droid Z Force. I don't want to stay with Verizon and don't know if it is worth Paying full Retail. Maybe I would just get the 2 Year Contract and then Pay the Early Term. I'm tired of Giving Verizon my Paycheck.
I had similar thoughts... I was hoping to make it until the next iteration came out, but don't know if my phone can make it. The nexus line is also interesting me...

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am going to research what operating system will deliver the most consistent drama free service. Regular timely updates, solid performance and simplicity.
I need the phone to do "blocking and tackling", No need for fancy bells and whistles just rock solid day-to-day performance.

I may as well be asking for pigs to fly. I dunno.

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
I am going to research what operating system will deliver the most consistent drama free service. Regular timely updates, solid performance and simplicity.
I need the phone to do "blocking and tackling", No need for fancy bells and whistles just rock solid day-to-day performance.

I may as well be asking for pigs to fly. I dunno.
I would look at the nexus line for that. That's kind of what they do!

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I will be definitely looking. I guess the next one comes in the October time frame......

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I will be definitely looking. I guess the next one comes in the October time frame......
I'd buy last year's and save a bunch of money.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
I'd buy last year's and save a bunch of money.

Ditto, although If you wait till October you may be able to get a sale price.

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
What is your overall opinion of the Nexus? I know nothing about them.
I've personally never used one. That said I don't think I've heard anything bad about them. Super solid phone with vanilla Android. Quick updates, (usually about the first one to get the new os) there are several members on here that have them. If you go over to the nexus forum you should find plenty of thoughts and reviews.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What is your overall opinion of the Nexus? I know nothing about them.
I have both the 5x and 6p. Both phones are great. If you don't mind a bigger screen, the 6P is a beast.