What old android phone for under $50?

ovaltine123

Reaction score
My old phone isnt working and my upgrade is in March. My plan is to buy a slightly used android phone on ebay to last me the next few months. What are some good cheap phones to look for?

t35rk

Reaction score
Splurge and spend $60 on the original incredible.

wcjeep

Reaction score
What's your current phone? 3g or 4g? For 3g check out the Incredible 2. 4g see the Samsung Droid Charge.

Caesars

Reaction score
Incredible imo, looks like the droid and droid X are same price.

Swappa. Com

Return of the Android

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
As a former Incredible owner, I can say it is a very good phone. Beautiful screen, nice form factor, looks great, and was relatively quite fast even for an older phone. The only thing really to be desired was the battery life, but other than that one of my favorite phones.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My old phone isnt working and my upgrade is in March. My plan is to buy a slightly used android phone on ebay to last me the next few months. What are some good cheap phones to look for?

If you want the original Incredible, I'd sell you mine. I have the original battery and extended battery/back cover

Even the DROID X2 would be a great choice. I've owned both and loved them at the time.

OP
O

ovaltine123

Reaction score
If you want the original Incredible, I'd sell you mine. I have the original battery and extended battery/back cover

Even the DROID X2 would be a great choice. I've owned both and loved them at the time.

Id definitely be interested in your incredible. how much? How long does the battery last with the extended battery?

OP
O

ovaltine123

Reaction score
Since I use my phone quite a bit its important to have a good battery life

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Jackie and Ovaltine, if you want to continue talks of a possible transaction please do so over email or PM, as selling on the board is against the rules.

As for battery life, the Incredible is definitely near the bottom of the list when it comes to that. Good thing about it though is that the battery is removable so you can carry a spare, that's what I did. Iirc, I think the Droid X, X2, or D3 had fairly decent battery life. I was able to make my Inc last about half of the day (off the charger at 8:30am and back on it about 4:30pm) then have it recharge and it can go the rest of the night. I am a moderate to heavy user. From some of the extended batteries I've seen it doesn't make the phone too bulky either.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Jackie and Ovaltine, if you want to continue talks of a possible transaction please do so over email or PM, as selling on the board is against the rules.

As for battery life, the Incredible is definitely near the bottom of the list when it comes to that. Good thing about it though is that the battery is removable so you can carry a spare, that's what I did. Iirc, I think the Droid X, X2, or D3 had fairly decent battery life. I was able to make my Inc last about half of the day (off the charger at 8:30am and back on it about 4:30pm) then have it recharge and it can go the rest of the night. I am a moderate to heavy user. From some of the extended batteries I've seen it doesn't make the phone too bulky either.

No worries, I was planning on that :) Last thing I want is to get banned/removed :)
The extended battery I used really helped. It made it a little akward, but nothing too bad. The X2 had decent life for me, but I also had bought an extended battery for that as well. Without the extended battery, I think I made it almost 12 hours? I can't remember for sure though. I do know that I had longer than normal battery I used Juice Defender

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No worries, I was planning on that :) Last thing I want is to get banned/removed :)
The extended battery I used really helped. It made it a little akward, but nothing too bad. The X2 had decent life for me, but I also had bought an extended battery for that as well. Without the extended battery, I think I made it almost 12 hours? I can't remember for sure though. I do know that I had longer than normal battery I used Juice Defender
Just making sure:)

How big of an extended battery were you using? I saw one person with an Inc and they had an extended battery that easily made it 6 or 7 stock Inc stacked thick.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just pulled it out, and it's a 2150mAh OEM battery. Original battery was 1300mAh, so twice the thickness with the extended. Now I'm tempted to use the Inc just to see how long the battery would go LOL