What is wrong with my phone? It is possesed

va2vegas

Reaction score
First I started having problems when trying to text. The screen would get all jumpy and then would go back and forth between older texts, I would have to exit and re-enter to type a few more characters, and continue the cycle until I got the text sent.

Then the phone became possessed and will do things on its own, it will open up applications, jump from application to application and then start typing.

I have reset the phone, cleared cache from multi-touch keyboard. Turned off all short cuts, and options under multi-touch keyboard and cleared the data. The phone worked for about 15 hours after doing this with no problems, but then started opening and closing applications again on its own, reset the keyboard options and turned everything on, and even made calls and texts while I was not even in the same room as the phone.

HELP! My phone is making me crazy, and I don't know what to do about it.

fiveball02

Reaction score
Sounds like the digitizer in your screen is going bad

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

reneeinpa

Reaction score
same thing happened to me...sent to motorola for repair (still under warranty) and it was fixed in a week

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Steve H

Reaction score
In one year I had THREE of the original Droids do the same thing. Finally I gave up one the original and went to an X. .......................... It has done the same thing once in the past year or so. A factory reset had on impact on helping the problem. I was in the Verizon store with the third D1 when it happened. A few of the sales reps came over and watch my phone go crazy, they told me it is a fairly common thing!!!!!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have a screen protector on? Remove it, wipe the screen, and re-apply a new one (or leave it off). My girlfriend was having this exact problem with her Dinc2 last night. Dust on the screen will make it do that.

pdc419

Reaction score
If you are using an after market charger it can cause that sometimes, but I think only when its charging

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
V

va2vegas

Reaction score
Do you have a screen protector on? Remove it, wipe the screen, and re-apply a new one (or leave it off). My girlfriend was having this exact problem with her Dinc2 last night. Dust on the screen will make it do that.

I do not have a screen protector on it, but thanks

OP
V

va2vegas

Reaction score
I want to switch phones, hear the Razr Maxx has great battery life, but also has this same problem, don't know whether to look at Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx, or go to iPhone.

nbrice

Reaction score
va2vevas, did you ever get your crazy keyboard problem resolved? Please tell you did and post the resolution. Thanks Neil

Insidious

Reaction score
The Droid 2/Global had alot of problems after gingerbread. I ended up ditching it because it was so bad. Now its my experimentation phone, and I reverted it back to Froyo. I think moto has pushed out a bug fix update if you weren't already aware.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
V

va2vegas

Reaction score
va2vevas, did you ever get your crazy keyboard problem resolved? Please tell you did and post the resolution. Thanks Neil

I am unhappy to report that after trying all the fixes I saw here, and doing another factory reboot, the problem only went away for about 10 hours, 8 of which the phone was turned off. I now think it is a hardware issue, but still haven't decided which phone to switch to.

nbrice

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back so quickly. I tend to agree with you. It was working fine and then it went nuts, it's sounding a lot like hardware. And, again, I don't know which phone to replace it with. My life is even worse because my two year contract isn't up till July. I bought the stupid insurance, does anyone know if this is covered? Or maybe just, by accident, drop it in the toilet.
Thanks Neil

nineteen43

Reaction score
same problem as OP's, one question though.

would a Droid 2 digitizer work the same as an R2D2 digitizer?
they look the same but the R2D2 one is like twice the price, and i have an R2D2 phone.

that is, if the problem does in fact lie in the digitizer, which is so far what i've gathered.

nbrice

Reaction score
I kind of tried that... my neighbor is a part time witch doctor and voodoo and mojo didnt make any difference.
Neil