What is the easiest way to add .pngs to framework-res.apk

transfan

Reaction score
Say I already have a rom and theme installed. All I want to do is change a few notification icons to something I made custom. What is the easiest way to push those .png files onto my phone's framework-res.apk file?

I have tried ninjamorph for this, but it takes forever to do each one if you have multiples.

bcals0087

Reaction score
Say I already have a rom and theme installed. All I want to do is change a few notification icons to something I made custom. What is the easiest way to push those .png files onto my phone's framework-res.apk file?

I have tried ninjamorph for this, but it takes forever to do each one if you have multiples.

7-zip works well, but you have to be on the computer. Move framework to computer, right click, you'll see a 7-zip option, put the mouse over it, select open archive. It will open the apk

Basically highlight all of the files from your folder that you want to place into the drawable-hdmi folder (im assuming that's the folder where the images you want to replace are) and just open up the drawable-hdmi folder and drag them in there. They will over right them just like that. Always make a backup first of that apk, because the one that you open archive with, will be the one that is edited. There is no saving after that, just exit out, then place framework-res back where it belongs. This worked very well for me, and its very easy.

Hope this helps