What is the best pdf reader for the droid?

molly

Reaction score
I have need to read many pdf files sent as attachments. Is there an app that opens an attached pdf file while viewing email ? If so, what is the recommendation?

chrispt

Reaction score
QuickOffice that is built in will open a PDF attached to an e-mail. Now, whether it is the best or not is a matter of opinion.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quick Office works fine, but i don't think it allows you to attach the docs. DocsToGo does.

mikespe

Reaction score
I bought Documents to Go when it was on sale for $9.99 just before the holidays. I reads and edits Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and it reads PDF's...I haven't figured out if it edits PDF's yet...

I like it a lot!

bacalao

Reaction score
You got a nice deal. I don't read PDF often enough to make a choice, but I am trying Officeviewer and Beamreader. They are a little different. Try em, they're free.

coolkidd

Reaction score
I bought Documents to Go when it was on sale for $9.99 just before the holidays. I reads and edits Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and it reads PDF's...I haven't figured out if it edits PDF's yet...

I like it a lot!

Same here.... I didn't know that I would use this app, but it was on sale (and I'm a sucker for SALE) so I bought it... Now, I use it everyday and thankful that I only paid $10:icon_ banana:

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Is there anything that will let you save your place? I just downloaded beam reader and it didnt seem like this was possible with it. Since it was the highest rated reader on the market I assumed it would have the best chance. Guess not.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I like it a lot!

same here.... i paid 14.99 because i had a discount code with them. Even if i had to pay the 29.99 it would be worth it.

i came from a blackberry and had it on there.... love it

dbronstein

Reaction score
Documents to go is on sale for $14.99 through Jan. 31 in case anyone is interested.

moot

Reaction score
Is there anything that will let you save your place? I just downloaded beam reader and it didnt seem like this was possible with it. Since it was the highest rated reader on the market I assumed it would have the best chance. Guess not.

repligo reader is the best imo, and it lets you do this. It has fast loading and caching. Its "reading mode" is VERY good. I've given most pdf readers a try.

Docs2go and beamreader do not let you save where you left off, iirc. And the loading of very large pdfs is very slow.

oliwek

Reaction score
Late answer, but I thank you for your input, moot.
I used the stock pdf viewer with the original ROM of my HTC Hero, but had to look for something else with froyd custom ROM. I have tested several, but repligo is indeed the best experience, smooth and feature packed :)

JustisLewis

Reaction score

ezpdfreader has a bookmark feature that allows you to mark what page your on

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

ezpdfreader has a bookmark feature that allows you to mark what page your on

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I've tried just about every PDF reader on the market, and ezPDF Reader is by far the best of the bunch. It has a lot of great features.