What is the BEST Game Available for the Droid?

shatteredzman

Reaction score
My brother showed me a new game for the iphone. It was an assassin's creed version for the iphone and it looked amazing. I played it for about 5 minutes and was really surprised at how well the virtual joystick worked. The game played great! I really hope android catches up with the iphone in the game department.
Here is a video of the gameplay.
[video=youtube;dkZ39563sew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkZ39563sew[/video]

Last edited:

kennyg23

Reaction score
Anybody else notice that some of the games don't fill up the screen. All of the RPG games seem to be like that

PridgNYC

Reaction score
Haven't notice that, but the only thing I have played so far is:

Mystique:Chapter 1:Foetus Plays full screen full 3d navigation adventure/mystery game
Robo Defense Full screen tower defense type game
Tilt Maze Full screen (depending on the maze) Roll ball through mazes by tilting (or swiping) (make sure you turn off auto orientation, it can get confusing when your screen rotates and cause you to make accidental moves) Haptic feedback on this one is awesome, you can feel the ball hitting the walls.

T6D16C84

Reaction score
I'm so going with throttle copter. That flash game kept me busy for HOURS @ my old job....

andjarnic

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Android 1.6 or maybe even 2.0 brought in the ability to have apps resize to different device screens.. so it's possilbe many games are 1.1 or 1.5 versions and not updated yet. Give it 6 months with other 2.0 devices coming out and developers some time to really utilize the multi-touch and other 2.0 features and you'll see some great games for android as well.

omnibus

Reaction score
I like most games that make use of the accelerometer, most notably "Labyrinth" where you tilt the phone to move a ball thru a maze avoiding holes.

judgeholden999

Reaction score
Here are a few of the high quality games I've found:

Hyperspace - supermonkeyball type roller
Bonsai Blast - zuma variant
slimeball - roller game
light race - tron like arcade game
buka - hard to desribe but fun
abduction - vertical platformer
speed forge - impressive 3d racing game like wipeout, controls iffy now tho
space physics - broken on the droid but potential to be awesome iphysics/crayon physics clone.
radiant - space invaders like vertical shooter, my fav

a few other honorable mentions: wordup!, shot 2nd ed., colorix, and phit droid.
You can try most of these for free if not 100% free. This should hold anyone over until there are more cool games on the market. let me know if i'm missing any heavy hitters

mitchell

Reaction score
I can tell you Guitar Hero World Tour is not on the list. I never could get it to work past where you create your username, it would always crash. It was a waste of 5mb of space.