Problems with Game Development on Android 2.0

Remnever

Reaction score
I have read in other forums that you only install the app on your internal drive but all of its contents go to the sd card? Anyway I also read that some developers are working on an app that will instead instead the apps on your sd card. I believe similar apps have already been released for other Android phones. I assume you will need to root your phone before you can do this though.

rushmore

Reaction score
Root only helps for apps2sd which makes the OS think it is device memory (virtual space), so current apps work with it.

Android's framework and SDK forces some apps to use that memory, so some devs hands are tied. Depends on the app if most can be on the card. It is a performance issue more than anything.

One thing is pretty clear though. Droid has a slow class 2 card installed. If Android had any long term plans of allowing apps2sd as part of the OS, they would have put a class 6 card in the Droid. If you are just playing media class 2 is fine. Just depends on the data being transferred otherwise.

16gb card is about $50 on the web.

Varking

Reaction score
This is a non issue for me, Im not buying this phone as a gaming platform, there are much better portable options for that. Sure I'll want the time wasting games like a brick breaker or Tetris type game but I wont be looking to play some 3d graphics intensive game or whatever. My 16 gb card will be filled with Music and Movies. If in the future the mem card slot gets opened for game/app installs I may try it out but my phone is used for other things. :icon_ banana:
I am not purchasing the phone for the gaming itself but it is a nice perk to play my old SNES games on it when I have the lady dragging me around places I don't care to be.