What is stored on SIM card?

kimintenn

Reaction score
This is my first phone with a SIM card (and no SD card either). What is stored on the card? If I pull it in an attempt to fix my signal issues will I lose pictures I've taken, settings etc?

I apologize if this is a dumb question but I couldn't find my answer specifically regarding the Nexus.

Thanks!

This is my first phone with a SIM card (and no SD card either). What is stored on the card? If I pull it in an attempt to fix my signal issues will I lose pictures I've taken, settings etc?

I apologize if this is a dumb question but I couldn't find my answer specifically regarding the Nexus.

Thanks!

nothing will be lost. The sim card is only used for your LTE service. Nothing is saved on it.

I'm sure someone will give you a more technical explanation of the sim, but you are safe pulling it with the phone off (pretty sure you can't take it out without pulling the battery anyway)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nothing is stored on the sim card.
As a word of warning though my first nexus died and had to be replaced and I lost everything that was stored in it. This included not so important things like game level data but also important things like videos and pictures I had taken. Fortunately I had the google+ auto upload pics and videos switched on so in fact I hardly lost anything as it was mostly backed up in google+/picasa. It's a little scary though and gives more motivation to not just return a phone to verizon unless it's really broken.

Thanks!

Thank you! That was a good enough explanation for me.

I just realized that I haven't ever tried pulling the SIM card to see if it will help with my signal issues. Fingers crossed that it does! I want to keep this phone.

nothing is stored on the sim card.
As a word of warning though my first nexus died and had to be replaced and I lost everything that was stored in it. This included not so important things like game level data but also important things like videos and pictures I had taken. Fortunately I had the google+ auto upload pics and videos switched on so in fact I hardly lost anything as it was mostly backed up in google+/picasa. It's a little scary though and gives more motivation to not just return a phone to verizon unless it's really broken.

Could you tell me more about the auto upload of your pictures/videos? How much storage space do they give you? This sounds like something I should do for backup.

Back