Nexus not sending texts after new sim card.

goosedeath

Reaction score
Per the topic, I got a new sim card to help alleviate my data/signal loss issues. Second nexus, no help. New sim card and I can't send texts, or get them. Calling voicemail sends me to an external automated message. Does it sound like the idiot who was helping me didn't activate my sim card right?
I haven't made or received any calls since getting the new sim card, but I do show data connection at all times.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Sent from my Galactic Unicorn!

timrock

Reaction score
yes it does seem like the card is not activated properly. i was having signal issues as well. I was getting no service at all. I took the phone to the verizon store and they gave me a new sim card, even though the person helping me didnt want to. he kept saying that all 4g phones have this issue. so i told him, am i gonna have to keep pulling out my battery to get my service back, he said yeah. i told him to just give me a new card and the problem continues, i will trade in my phone. I havent had any issues in 4 days now.

OP
goosedeath

goosedeath

Reaction score
Got my issue fixed. Had to stick my sim card into a razr to activate it. All's good now.

Sent from my Galactic Unicorn!