WHAT is Blur?! :O

KSR

Reaction score
Well I've had my DX for some time now and I am happy with its proformance over my original D1. :)

I've heard of people saying the DX has something called "Blur" (spell?) but I honestly don't know what this is. >.

akj27

Reaction score
think of htc sense, retarded

What is your problem? That is a legitimate question and it doesn't warrant that kind of response. I sincerely hope you don't have anyone in your family with any diseases because otherwise you wouldn't be addressing people that way.

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe he was calling Blur and Sense retarded, NOT the OP.

What is your problem? That is a legitimate question and it doesn't warranty that kind of response. I sincerely hope you don't have anyone in your family with any diseases because otherwise you wouldn't be addressing people that way.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

godtuti

Reaction score

What is your problem? That is a legitimate question and it doesn't warranty that kind of response. I sincerely hope you don't have anyone in your family with any diseases because otherwise you wouldn't be addressing people that way.
i ment that htc sense is a good skin while blur is well, retarded

antron007

Reaction score
To partialy answer the op. I think blur is the interface layout. Like HTC has sense which has a curved dock bar. I'm on the og Droid and I don't know what its layout is called.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

godtuti

Reaction score
To partialy answer the op. I think blur is the interface layout. Like HTC has sense which has a curved dock bar. I'm on the og Droid and I don't know what its layout is called.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
its a launcher with some widgets and apps and system stuff also. its awful and thats why theres so many aosp roms

miller922

Reaction score
Blur is the name for the customizations that Motorola applies to Android. Its full name is MOTOBLUR and was originally seen on the CLIQ. It's not just a simple skin change, as it also replaces Android apps such as Messaging and Google's Car Dock, among others.

Most people hear about blur in conjunction with the Droid X because it appears that the blur customizations applied to the X make the user experience of a lower quality than what one gets with stock (vanilla) Android installation. Unfortunately for the end user, Motorola chose to lock the phone down so it is incredibly difficult to run custom installations of Android (ROMs), and at this point it is unknown whether or not the community will ever get a true vanilla Android ROM running on the X to unlock its full potential.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App