What is BASH

Reaction score
What is the purpose of BASH? I first saw it as a download in the fission ROM manager. From what the bit of googling I did, it sounds like it has something to do with customization

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

What is the purpose of BASH? I first saw it as a download in the fission ROM manager. From what the bit of googling I did, it sounds like it has something to do with customization

basically, it's a shell used in terminal emulator that makes it easier to write scripts and commands and stuff. this would mainly be used by developers.

It's a Unix shell just like ksh, csh, sh.

It isn't just for developers, it's for anyone that likes the Unix command line.

I use it for moving the preinstalled apps to an alternate directory, and for moving my ringtones and notifications to the phone instead of the sdcard.

I also use it to see what apps are taking the most cpu and memory, changing the hostname of my phone, and editing the hosts file.

It's a Unix shell just like ksh, csh, sh.

It isn't just for developers, it's for anyone that likes the Unix command line.

I use it for moving the preinstalled apps to an alternate directory, and for moving my ringtones and notifications to the phone instead of the sdcard.

I also use it to see what apps are taking the most cpu and memory, changing the hostname of my phone, and editing the hosts file.

Oh I see. I actually use the terminal emulator to move stuff to sdcard as well but I didn't realize that's what BASH was. Thanks for the info bro

Back