What in your opinion is the best bluetooth headset?

nikecar

Reaction score
I have the Bose one and its pretty good. pricey, but good, but since it was a gift... :D

cmorty72

Reaction score
Had my share of Jawbones (JB1, JB2, Prime, Icon, and now Icon HD), as well as Blueant (Z9, Z9i, V1, V1x, Q1, Q2), and a few of the Plantronic offerings (Voyager and Voyager HD).
Out of all of them I found my favorite to be the Icon HD... mostly due to it's size, form, and function. The HD sound quality is awesome as well as noise canceling (noise assassin 3.0). Along with the Android Jawbone companion app, my Icon HD also announces incoming calls by either name, phone number, or call location.

Quick

Reaction score
Etymotics Etyblu 2

No screen, no caller id announce,
just incomming and outgoing voice quality that can't be beat
outbound acoustic noise cancellation. haven't found any digital noise cancellation that comes close.
In the ear/canal speaker with tremendous ambient noise isolation as well.

Last edited:

edvon

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a bluetooth headset, because I got the job at which 80% of the time I spend in the car. Currently using one that I bought on eBay for a few dollars, and now is thinking to buy a better quality. So I searched and found this list of top 5 bluetooth headset
1. Jawbone Era
2. Plantronics Voyager Legend
3. Blueant Q2
4. Motorola CommandOne
5. Jabra Supreme UC
and currently torn between Voyager and Era.

I'm interested in right someone has experience with these headset?

carguy

Reaction score
Ive only used the ERA. Great device, almost 18 months now with zero issues.

Tap'n while driving

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
A related question...I've had two Blueant's. Loved the quality and size/fit (with no ear hook). However, I broke the "nipple" phonic off on both in my bag.

Any recs for something sturdier, or a carry case that isn't ridiculously bulky (like with what Blueant ships in)?

cmorty72

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a bluetooth headset, because I got the job at which 80% of the time I spend in the car. Currently using one that I bought on eBay for a few dollars, and now is thinking to buy a better quality. So I searched and found this list of top 5 bluetooth headset
1. Jawbone Era
2. Plantronics Voyager Legend
3. Blueant Q2
4. Motorola CommandOne
5. Jabra Supreme UC
and currently torn between Voyager and Era.

I'm interested in right someone has experience with these headset?

1)JB Era- Great device w/ fantastic noise cancellation. AD2P for streaming media. Comfort & durability are top notch. Battery life is great as well.

2)Voyager Legend (as well as other Voyagers)- Great device for clarity, AD2P only on "+" & Legend. The design is bulky and makes wearing shades & glasses a chore. Batt life is o.k.

3) Q2- Rather mixed results. Sound is o.k., but noise cancellation is sub par & sound & voice tend to go in/out. Batt is o.k.

4) Moto C1 worked great, but can be rather uncomfortable to some. Sound is iffy. Batt o.k.

5) Really don't have much to say about this device... other than my previous experiences with Jabras has not been good. The only thing that I liked about Jabra was its mini ear gels.

Like I have stated before in this thread, I'm a fan of the Icon HD.
But I digress... when it actually comes to buying an ear piece, it all depends on what suits the buyer's needs.

Sent from a covert location using telepathic means, satellite relays, and the luck of the Irish.

cmorty72

Reaction score
Also, to make the JB even more comfortable, I've use the bigger Jabra ear Gel over the regular rubber ring supplied with the JB. This not only gave me a secure fit in my ear, but also improved the sound as well. Also, the JB is so comfortable that I've kept mine in my ear all day at work (streaming Slacker) without even knowing it's there. :)

Sent from a covert location using telepathic means, satellite relays, and the luck of the Irish.

edvon

Reaction score
I've done some research, considered waiting, price, shipping and decided not to order Bluetooth headset on ebay or amazon. Then, my friend sold me his spare Jabra BT 125 for 10$ in originally packing.
I've been using it for 3 days now, and the difference is huge.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I have to say that I've really liked the Blueant Q2. I think many of the "issues" I've had were with ICS and the headsets software not playing well together. Many features like caller id announce stopped working once I updated the firmware for the phone.
I've tried the Legend and didn't like the bulkiness of it, I wear glasses. The way it charges was way too inconvenient with it's proprietary magnetic charge plug. No micro usb port here, so you're screwed if you lose the little 7 inch charger.
I'd like to try the LG Tone as someone mentioned earlier. Best Buy does let you try the headsets for thirty days and return if you don't like them.

Last edited:

celloshred

Reaction score
Motorola h17....

I've had an H17 for a few years and had NO problems with it. Small, folds up, pretty comfortable, sounds quality was good, etc. Didnt read text or announce names, but I dididnt care. Worked on all of my phones and my asus transformer for phone & media.

With the recent updates, it only works for phone calls.

Motorola suggested an h17txt which can do media.

Suggestions? I cant see myself spending any more than these on an ear piece. I was able to replace my h17 for $25 if I ever lost or broke it.:icon_ devil: