What in your opinion is the best bluetooth headset?

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I'm currently trying to find a replacement for my blueant Q2 that had been crippled by their last update. I'm looking for caller name announce, noise rejection and the ability to read incoming texts. I just returned the Plantronics Legend, it had all of these features but could not hear any of it except the actual phone conversation. I did try the update as well with no luck. So, if anyone has any recommendations, I'd like to hear them.
Thanks

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you considered anything in the Jawbone lineup? I'm very pleased with my Icon.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I've tried the icon and most people complained that they either couldn't understand me or I sounded like I was in a tunnel. So I returned it for the blueant which I loved.

carguy

Reaction score
I've been using the Jawbone ERA for a year now. Great unit. Works great with my Droid X, Blackberry Bold and GS3.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
It may perhaps be an ill interaction with the Motorola Razr, not sure. I do know the Q2 worked like a champ. I haven't tried any of the Jabra
or Motorolas like the Extreme 2 or elite sliver.

BaSHa

Reaction score
I used to work in the trucking industry and used a blue parrot. I was able to walk around the outside of a running semi and was able to easily talk to and hear whoever I was on the phone with. My headset is several years old and doesn't read texts or announce the caller names. So you might check our their line up, I'm sure they have new models with more up to date features.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I'll look into the blue parrot. Is the same style as the plantronics, with boom mike? Not that it's the style I prefer but if it works I'll check it out.
Thanks.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I've had the Motorola Elite Silver for about 4 months. Use it everyday and have experienced no problems. Immediately pairs to my Razr and the range is pretty good compared to other BT headsets I've had in the past.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I've had the Motorola Elite Silver for about 4 months. Use it everyday and have experienced no problems. Immediately pairs to my Razr and the range is pretty good compared to other BT headsets I've had in the past.
Does it announce the incoming callers name? I've been interested in this headset for some time. I like the design and concept of it. However, the reviews of it are less than stellar. Does it offer the qualities above I'm looking for? How is it for comfort for extended periods of time. Do you wear eye glasses or sunglasses and if so, is the comfort affected? I wear mine (blueant Q2) for most of the day between charging and I sometimes I forget I have it on. Of course, It could be a age memory thing. I've read alot of bad reviews of it so it is nice to hear some good of it.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Yes it does announce incoming calls. I wear sunglasses all the time while driving, and no issues with comfort. Another bonus is the charging case. The headset has about 5 hours of talk time on a full charge, when you first turn it on it will announce remaining talk time in hours. The carry case can charge up the headset without being plugged into a 110v source. So if you run down your headset just put it in the case for about 20 minutes and it is ready to go. Just need to recharge the case. It can read incoming text messages, you just need the correct app to do it. I use this headset when driving, (required by work) and have no issues so far.

Does it announce the incoming callers name? I've been interested in this headset for some time. I like the design and concept of it. However, the reviews of it are less than stellar. Does it offer the qualities above I'm looking for? How is it for comfort for extended periods of time. Do you wear eye glasses or sunglasses and if so, is the comfort affected? I wear mine (blueant Q2) for most of the day between charging and I sometimes I forget I have it on. Of course, It could be a age memory thing. I've read alot of bad reviews of it so it is nice to hear some good of it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll look into the blue parrot. Is the same style as the plantronics, with boom mike? Not that it's the style I prefer but if it works I'll check it out.
Thanks.

The Blue Parrot ones are closer to air traffic controller style than Plantronics boom style but thats why they just plain work. No gimmicks to attempt a full boom mic sound and range.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Yes it does announce incoming calls. I wear sunglasses all the time while driving, and no issues with comfort. Another bonus is the charging case. The headset has about 5 hours of talk time on a full charge, when you first turn it on it will announce remaining talk time in hours. The carry case can charge up the headset without being plugged into a 110v source. So if you run down your headset just put it in the case for about 20 minutes and it is ready to go. Just need to recharge the case. It can read incoming text messages, you just need the correct app to do it. I use this headset when driving, (required by work) and have no issues so far.
Thanks for the info.
Do you use motospeak application or something else? Or is it even needed since they both motorola products?
Does the noise cancelling work well and can you hear the built-in voice prompts in a truck with outside noise? Well, I'm looking forward to trying this out.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Well, I tried the Motorola Elite Sliver. No caller id announce, just numbers only. In settings, the option to turn it on has been grayed out. Seemed comfortable enough though. People on the other end of the call seemed to have some difficulty understanding me. So to sum it up,
No Dice, returned for refund. The quest continues. The problems must be ICS related.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Well, I tried the Motorola Elite Sliver. No caller id announce, just numbers only. In settings, the option to turn it on has been grayed out. Seemed comfortable enough though. People on the other end of the call seemed to have some difficulty understanding me. So to sum it up,
No Dice, returned for refund. The quest continues. The problems must be ICS related.

Hmm..I don't have any of those issues. Sorry that it didn't work out for you.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Hmm..I don't have any of those issues. Sorry that it didn't work out for you.

So, are you saying the caller id announce is working for you? If it's true, I don't know what I could be doing wrong.
I even downloaded the My Motospeak app and still nothing, just the numbers. Are you running .215 or stock .211?
Well, thanks for the heads up that something is amiss here on my phone.