What HTC says about ICS for Rez

zanshin825

Reaction score
I flashed the latest leak and I like it. Quick question...does FoxFi work on this? I installed it and it appears to work, but while my devices can connect to the network, they don't appear to be able to get an internet connection. Is this normal, and is there a fix?

Thanks!

HowardZ

Reaction score
The free open source WiFI Teather program works on the ucs leak, but you must be rooted and set it up right.

zanshin825

Reaction score
Hmmm...is the root process the same for the ICS leak? I haven't done it because I haven't needed to, but I would like to get wireless tethering working.

HowardZ

Reaction score
No, the root process is different.

With GB, one boots into Amon RA recovery, and there is a menu item to install Superuser app and its Su file. Problem is that with HTC ics even the latest release candidate beta of Superuser will not work properly.

With HTC ics, download from xda developers the competing app SuperSU and flash it using Ramon RA recovery.

The file you need to download is called CWM-SuperSU-v0.93.zip

If you have Superuser installed, uninstall it before installing SuperSu. Also the su file that comes with these apps are different and incompatible.

After SuperSU is installed, download from google playstore the BusyBoxInstaller app by JRummy, run it to install the latest version of busybox. Many rooted apps needs busybox to operate.

regards,
Howard