ForumRunner_20120708_232213.png

ForumRunner_20120708_232229.png

ForumRunner_20120708_232240.png

ForumRunner_20120708_232252.png

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

Alchemist945

Reaction score
tony4life said:
What's your source for this statement? VZW policy is now that if you upgrade your handset (HARDWARE) you have to options:
1. To receive a subsidized handset (discounted price) you must select one of their new data share plans. That's significant if you're on an unlimited data plan.
2. If you're on an unlimited data plan and wish to keep it, you must pay full price for a new handset.

There is no mention anywhere else of having to switch to a new VZW data plan for updating your OS software!

I never said anything about new os just if they use there upgrade to get a new phone

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

moomba445

Reaction score
Everyone here who can not wait, just install the latest leak, works like a charm. I have posted a step by step instruction how to load it to your phone, it's easy as apple pie.
http://www.talkandroid.com/116546-latest-ics-leak-for-the-htc-rezound-looks-to-be-near-official/

Here are the Step by Step Install Instructions for ICS:

1. Go to the market and install Solid Explorer to your Rezound "it's a file utility app".
2.PLug in Rezound to Computer via USB, and choose Use as Disk drive option, not charge only option, now give it a few sec for computer to recognize the drives, now go to my computer and you will see two extra drives, one is the Internal and one is the external SD drive on your Rezound, if you don't know which is which, just right click on it and check out it's properties to see the size of it, it should help you figure out which is the SD card one.
3.Now go to the link I have posted in this thread "post #2" and download the latest ICS leak "pretty much official".
4.After downloading the file, go to the folder where you downloaded it, put your mouse pointer on the file and right click on it, the file will be highlighted in blue and a box will pop up "scroll down to the line that says Rename, it is the second from last", now left click on that, now the box will disapear and the file will be highlighted in blue, take your mouse pointer and place it on top of the file in front of the letter P, now left click and with your backspace button erase all the numbers that are in front of the P, after doing that do the same and erase anything behind the letter G, the file shall look like this PH98IMG , now right click on it and there will be a box that comes up, scroll down to Send to, another box will come up with locations that you want to send file to, scroll down to the location of your external SD card on your Rezound "mine showed up as H, "Rezound needs to be plugged in via USB as a Hard Drive "NOT charge only", after scrolling down to the drive you want the file to be send to left click on the desired file, file should now be installed on your Rezounds SD card.
5.Uplug Rezound from PC, give it at least 30 sec to reformat the SD card, now go to the File utility you installed from the Market, once opened, scroll down to the black SD card image "that is your external SD card" click on it, now scroll all the way down to the last file which should read PH98IMG.zip at 603mb. If that is what you see then you are good to GO BABY, ICS is only half plus hr away.
6. Go and Uncheck Fast boot option, it's in System settings, it is "crucial" you do this, once unckecked go back to home screen and POWER DOWN DEVICE.
7. Open the back of Device and REMOVE the BATTERY for 1 minute.
8.Put back battery and cover "Make sure Cover is tight.
9.Press the Volume button down "volume down" do not let it go and press the Power Button.
10.Put Rezound down "LEAVE IT ALONE" the ICS process is on it's way "it will ask you a couple of times to continue with a certain process,at which time you will press the power button so it can continue", device will Reboot twice, LEAVE IT ALONE, till you see the home screen lock button ring with the stock wallpaper.
11. ENJOY ICS.

When Verizon pushes the OTA update to ICS (whenever that may be), would I get any of the OTA updates after I install this, or would I have to S-Off, go back to Gingerbread, then install the OTA? Just wondering...

Schimm

Reaction score
Here's what i wonder......say the Play Store is updated......again. Would we get that update?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Schimm said:
Here's what i wonder......say the Play Store is updated......again. Would we get that update?

I get all the updates from play store, did you notice that your YouTube app looks different, its because of ICS, the ICS is pretty much approved by HTC and Google, Verizon hehe, that's another story.

cdm369

Reaction score
This is basically the ota without Verizon adding more of their bloat or tweaks...pretty much.

Schimm

Reaction score
I get all the updates from play store, did you notice that your YouTube app looks different, its because of ICS, the ICS is pretty much approved by HTC and Google, Verizon hehe, that's another story.

No.....I mean what happens when the Play Store itself gets updated. Not the apps within the play store.

Sent by my hookah via hashcloud.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Schimm said:
No.....I mean what happens when the Play Store itself gets updated. Not the apps within the play store.

That's what I meant. The Google play store on my ICS infused Rezound is the latest from Google. This is an official leak, not something some developer has cooked up in his house.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
cdm369 said:
This is basically the ota without Verizon adding more of their bloat or tweaks...pretty much.
Exactly, could not have said it any better.

Schimm

Reaction score
That's what I meant. The Google play store on my ICS infused Rezound is the latest from Google. This is an official leak, not something some developer has cooked up in his house.

And future updates to the play store? It does tend to get updated between OS software updates.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Schimm said:
And future updates to the play store? It does tend to get updated between OS software updates.

How much clearer can I be, you are on Stock ICS. You will receive all the updates.

Schimm

Reaction score
Until the 'stock ICS' really does go OTA....then am I still on stock ICS if it is a different version:icon_rolleyes:? To be clear, what if the ICS gets OTA'd next week and it is version 3.14.605.20. And two months later the Play Store is updated?

Who does these RUUs? Will they always be compiled with each new ICS update if and when they occur?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Schimm said:
Until the 'stock ICS' really does go OTA....then am I still on stock ICS if it is a different version:icon_rolleyes:? To be clear, what if the ICS gets OTA'd next week and it is version 3.14.605.20. And two months later the Play Store is updated?

Who does these RUUs? Will they always be compiled with each new ICS update if and when they occur?
keep dreaming, ny the way O just helped 5 people on here with the update, and they ate thrilled, by the way if you arecnot interested, why with all these questions, its not a heart transplant, and keep waiting for that Verizon OTA, good luck, by then the phone will be already one year's old.