What have YOU done with Tasker?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You're welcome tallica. After I downloaded Afaria and saw all that needed to happen to deactivate, I gave up...was too complicated. I can see how it would be a pita doing it twice a day.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

bonky

Reaction score
I was wondering... im a little new to tasker.... i've managed to create a LED noitfaction on a unread text message & missed call...

what I cant work out is how to stop the LED light during certain hours.... can any one help?

bonky

Reaction score
I was wondering... im a little new to tasker.... i've managed to create a LED noitfaction on a unread text message & missed call...

what I cant work out is how to stop the LED light during certain hours.... can any one help?

tortoracer

Reaction score
im in the process of reading through the thread (on page 17), and i am trying to figure something out, but cant seem to.

i have a profile related to volume where if i plug my phone in it runs a "loud" task, putting all volumes besides media to full so i can hear it, and when i unplug the charger it asks if i want silent mode or loud mode, where it either leaves it alone, or it activates silent mode.

but now im using my phone as my media player, and when i plug in my headset i want to make sure the volumes lower so when it rings i dont go deaf, but if its on silent i want to keep it on silent.

the best i can think is to setup a variable to be set with the loud/silent tasks to 1/0 and based on that have the headset change all volumes vs. just my media volume, but i cant get it to work...will this work? what about when i use the phones menu for volume control? (press and hold power button, use that menu to select vibrate/silent/loud)

can i have tasker know what mode its in, set a variable, and react according to that variable?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got my Notes to be silent during screen shots and the cameras.
New profile, applications, named it, new action, tapped the + to add new action. Audio, silent mode. Tapped On
I then went to preferences, Action, camera delay, changed it to 1 second .
Works like a charm on my non rooted Note2 and Note8.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode (Notetoo)

tortoracer

Reaction score
i did find the pre-made variable in tasker for silent mode on/off/vibrate, and did get it setup right i *think*, but it still is not working properly.

i have it setup:

headset plugged > any
>if %SILENT ~ vibrate > media volume 20 (i did the finer volume adjustments mod)
<ask Vol. Quiet (a task that asks me which volume profile i wish to set, loud or vibrate)

headset plugged > any
>if %SILENT ~ on > media volume 20
<ask Vol. Quiet

headset plugged > any
>if %silent ~ off > media volume 20 (all the other volumes lowered)
<ask Vol. Quiet

now its very simple, and appears to work, except the task at hand itself; it doesnt touch the media volume at all.

why would this be? does tasker store the framework.bat default of 15 volume steps for media? i also modified other values, so this wouldnt make sense.

what working programs that modify media volume can you share with me?

tortoracer

Reaction score
i tried adding a 3 second wait before changing the volume after reading that the headphones got plugged in and nothing helped there...i test the tasks in tasker and they work flawlessly...it is only the media volume that does not change