what does everyone use to restore apps after sbf

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I am going to SBF today and install the latest build of cm7 on my d2g. Just wanting to get an idea of what people are using to restore their apps after doing an SBF or data wipe. Is it ok to use Titanium backup to restore apps but not data?

I also seem to be having wi-fi issues on the latest build. I noticed that if on 3g and then I switch to wi-fi, more times than not it tells me I'm connected to my network but I can't load any pages. If I reboot then everything starts working again. Anyone else have this issue?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Titanium Backup. The only app I restore data to s Easytether, because I have the pro key.

I wish I could help you with your wifi issue, but I have only connected to wifi once using my phone.
LGX v2.4

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I use Titanium Backup. The only app I restore data to s Easytether, because I have the pro key.

I wish I could help you with your wifi issue, but I have only connected to wifi once using my phone.
LGX v2.4

Ok, thanks for the quick reply

Reaction score
I use appbrain to download all my apps, and keep them in a list called "Apps I currently have installed". Then when I SBF or change ROMs or whatever, I can just have it re-install all of them at once, and then use TiBU to restore my data (save games and stuff).

rusty815

Reaction score
you cant restore apps in cm7, that has been known to cause problems in cm7, it is recommended that you reinstall your apps from scratch so you dont get any bugs from restoring, that said, when i installed cm7 most of my apps were restored by google.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
you cant restore apps in cm7, that has been known to cause problems in cm7, it is recommended that you reinstall your apps from scratch so you dont get any bugs from restoring, that said, when i installed cm7 most of my apps were restored by google.

You can definitely restore apps with Titanium Backup with no issues. Just don't restore the data.

CM74DX

Reaction score
Don't meant to hijack, but I would rather not start a new topic. I am going to CM7 my phone here soon and was curious on how nandroid, etc. works without Bootstrap. From what I have read I need to Bootstrap to install CM7 but then I should NOT use it anymore. Can I uninstall the Bootstrap afterwards? Am I able to nandroid still? Does CM7 automatically install clockwork on the phone?

Thanks! Haven't seen an extensive install guide specifically for the D2G, just wanted to make sure... if there is one out there I would appreciate a link!

hellajdm

Reaction score
CM7 has its own built in CWM via Hold Power Button(As if you were going to turn your phone off)>Reboot>Recovery. Don't install Droid 2 Bootstrapper after you install CM7 as it will break 2init.

kijutsu

Reaction score
I am going to SBF today and install the latest build of cm7 on my d2g. Just wanting to get an idea of what people are using to restore their apps after doing an SBF or data wipe. Is it ok to use Titanium backup to restore apps but not data?

I also seem to be having wi-fi issues on the latest build. I noticed that if on 3g and then I switch to wi-fi, more times than not it tells me I'm connected to my network but I can't load any pages. If I reboot then everything starts working again. Anyone else have this issue?

I've been following the Cm4d2g thread on rootzwiki for some time now -- they recommend NOT using any app backup programs, but to install the apps as if it were a new phone. You should be able to use the google apps restore built into the phone to automatically download all your previous applications.

The transition of the old Froyo data into the Gingerbread framework tends to cause massive issues, force closes and otherwise unfriendly behavior of the phone. Hope this helps! dancedroid

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score

I've been following the Cm4d2g thread on rootzwiki for some time now -- they recommend NOT using any app backup programs, but to install the apps as if it were a new phone. You should be able to use the google apps restore built into the phone to automatically download all your previous applications.

The transition of the old Froyo data into the Gingerbread framework tends to cause massive issues, force closes and otherwise unfriendly behavior of the phone. Hope this helps! dancedroid

yeah, thanks. I was already to the point where I stopped restoring apps and data with TB. I did the first time and it indeed caused problems.

Now, let's say I download a new game and start it on cm7. I can restore that app data when I go to a newer build, yeah? Just not a good idea to restore app data that was saved while running a different ROM?

kijutsu

Reaction score

yeah, thanks. I was already to the point where I stopped restoring apps and data with TB. I did the first time and it indeed caused problems.

Now, let's say I download a new game and start it on cm7. I can restore that app data when I go to a newer build, yeah? Just not a good idea to restore app data that was saved while running a different ROM?

you may experience some issues when he makes the move from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5.. but I don't think they'll be widespread. otherwise -- yes :)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are only restoring the app and not the data (Angry Birds but not your scores) the market will send them back down your way again automatically. That might be the easiest way to get them back.