What do you think of App Inventor

bassman1547

Reaction score
Hmm

As a professional musician, analogically speaking, it reminds me of KARAOKE.
Still, I might give it a go... just for kicks.

CoolBreeze

Reaction score
I agree. I think it's a fantastic idea and allows those that might have an awesome idea, but are not tech savvy enough or want to take the time to learn Java and Android the ability to make their ideas a reality still.

To address the issue of the useless apps, Google just needs to either/or impose a little more stringent publishing process, perhaps through some type of approval process or at least get with providing us a new revamped Market with better filtering capabilities.

vegaswa

Reaction score
Remember when FrontPage was cheap and everybody thought they could design their own web pages?
Thats what I'm afraid of.

CC

AWESOME reference! We need an Android App that uses frame technology that is hot pink and black with ani-gifs all over it!

Notice how it's always losers on the ITT tech commercials? "I make 30k a year doing overnight desktop support yet I can sail on this yacht with my friends who think I'm cool".

I say leave the app creation to those who know how to do it well. However it would be nice to have an app to filter out the crap in the Market. How many sexy Asian photo apps do we need?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
To address the issue of the useless apps, Google just needs to either/or impose a little more stringent publishing process, perhaps through some type of approval process or at least get with providing us a new revamped Market with better filtering capabilities.

doesn't even have to be that complicated or "Apple-like sinister"....Just review apps and offer a Google "seal of approval" tag that can be sorted and searched on. That way you're not blocking anything or playing big brother but offering a workable solution for people overwhelmed in the sea of apps.

The one positive you can say for Apple's method is it sets a high bar, relatively speaking, for developers to get their app to a stable, useable threshold. In most cases with Android this is a non-issue, but I've come across some good apps that could be great but the developer seems to have lost interest or no longer supports it.

edthesped

Reaction score
A personalized filter would be nice. I would like to be able to personally whitelist and blacklist certain publishers and types of apps.

Skytile

Reaction score
Ah! I very much like your idea!
It would also be cool if instead of only returning search results by relevance, it might factor in ratings and popularity of apps as well. Or does it already do that? I can't really tell how relevant an app is to my search. XD

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. there are all ready a lot of posts for apps that people want made in this forum, this will help those who want to make them.

I do like the idea of a perasonalized filter. There are some apps I do not want.
But for now the comments section in apps is nice and coming here and seeing what others have.