Google Releasing DIY "App Inventor" - App Creation Tool

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
All right guys, here's an app I threw together. None of you will find it useful.

I work for MLBAM, covering Orioles and Nationals games. I like to have a general idea of when the game will end, so I threw together an app that tracks how long the game has gone on, and projects how long it will be.

Here's the link if you want to check it out.

It's just something I made for myself. But that's what App Inventor is all about, isn't it?

Link fixed

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
got mine today finally... let the fun begin

ljprevo

Reaction score
Still waiting on mine :(

How long did you wait?

Checking my email everyday

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Yup, just got mine today after waiting since the date of the op. Too busy right now to play with it.........

Craig

janekp

Reaction score
Ive got mine today. Already completed few tutorials. This thing is amazing! Its like my first programmable calculator where I could write complicated formulas to speed my work. Even at the beggining I am aware about shortcomings of AppInventor but still gains far surpass them.
Advantages: easy of use since day zero. Everything works. I remember times when I had to configure eclipse to work with android. I had few issues I need to figure them out. Appinventor lets You develop for You almost instantly.
Installing by using barcode is marvelous idea.
I see drawbacks - only one "screen". No multiscreen applications but You can fix this by using many screen arrangements. No real code so no optimization and prototyping. For now You cannot publish apps in market (which is good decision anyway - I can imagine nightmare of 10000 purrcats variation in market :))

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
For now You cannot publish apps in market (which is good decision anyway - I can imagine nightmare of 10000 purrcats variation in market :))
TMML. :)

-Matt

Phatdaddyz01

Reaction score
I received mine on 8/21. The Hello Purr was simple enough to create as well as any knock-off of it. I don't see where it's possible to create widgets yet & that was my main goal. I haven't had enough time to play with it yet.

megawatz

Reaction score
I'm already trying to invent an app. However, i just have one picture on there. Lol. I'm trying to have the news from my college's news website onto it, but i think that's a little more advanced for the app inventor. Anyone have any ideas on how to get me started on that?