What do you make of the "multimedia station"

lkgmadmax

Reaction score
Thast's funny, the Verizon web site is all screwed up. Friday I saw it listed, but the site wasn't working and when I tried to order one it directed me to the main accessory page. I phoned Verizon, they said they had them in stock, I placed and order and today they tell me the order processed and that I should see the unit today, but they couldn't provide me a tracking number as it hasn't populated in their system. The order number and my name don't even register on the web site interface. I think there may be some smoke and mirrors involve with my "stealth" order. Guess I will know when I get home this afternoon :)

vonfink13

Reaction score
I like it. I keep it on my desk and it charges the phone and looks cool. Sometimes the weather bug needs a kick in the butt. Same price as the plain old wall charger. Thumbs up from me!

triphop631

Reaction score
I love mine, got it at best buy priced matched to Verizon's price due to the VZW store being sold out.

HAT

Reaction score
It consists of a weighted dock and a cable with mini and "A" USB ends. Then there's an AC plug with a female USB port.

The manual printed on toilet paper is several languages has a diagram of the dock connecting to an AC outlet and the dock itself. Next to that is a picture of a laptop computer with the legend "after you connect to a computer", below that are 3 inset drawings I can't make sense of.

So I plugged the USB into the dock and A/C power and everything works except the temp readout.

Still confused about if and when I'm supposed to plug into my computer.
How did you get the temperature to read. It all of a sudden stopped working for me. When I press the area where it was, it prompts to set it up. I did that and it found my coordinates but still doen't display the weather. Any thoughts?

Metamatt

Reaction score
Weather does not come up on multimedia station

When I first plugged in the multimedia station all worked fine. Now the temperature does not come up. I tried the steps given in the Knowledge Base for correcting this and it does not work. Accuweather on its own comes up properly, but the multimedia station keeps saying the the city Accuweather finds says "No Result found"

What's up?
:mad:

omally

Reaction score
Same weather problem

Hey guys, first post. This forum has been great so far; what I've learned about this phone is amazing! I'm having the same trouble with the weather function, though. It worked fine up until last night, when I docked it and suddenly the temp didn't show up any longer. I was still the same this morning, so I tried to reset the app only to find my location isn't showing up. If I try to get the location automatically I get a message saying "Network location service is currently disabled". I've checked, and the GPS setting is turned on, so I don't know what's going on.

It looks like I can set the location manually using my zip code, but the thing is that's the way I originally had it configured before it went south. Anybody have any ideas?

Calinate

Reaction score
Just got the dock for Christmas today. I plugged it into my computer and started playing with it. So far I love it. The only thing I noticed is it's hard to slide open the keyboard while it's docked and while attempting to do so I accidentally unplugged the phone from the station. That could have been disastrous if I had been accessing the SD card from my computer when it was unplugged.

I came here to find out how to stop the screen from turning off (thanks markis209). I noticed that it still dims after a certain amount of time and there doesn't seem to be any settings to turn that on or off.

Overall I'm very happy with the Droid Dock so far though!

bfum1059

Reaction score
hey all, first time poster. i got my droid over the verison tele-sales, i got extra discounts on the accessories: the home docks were $15 each, the car dock was $22.50 the holster was like $10 and the screen protecors were like $8.

my recent problem is when i put it in the dock and touch the screen it completely blacks out, the lock button doesnt do anything, i have to phisically take it out and press the lock button several times.
any thoughts?

iclickjohn

Reaction score
So weird to hear the problems that are happening. My droid slips right into the dock so easy and upon connection automatically converts to last saved lighting style. I don't know why people are saying it's too bright. you are tapping the "light bulb" icon right? that dims it and at least for me stays dimmed and on all night. If it is set to brighter, then it stays brighter and the screen never goes off. Funny that the same phone, same dock and so many different issues. Perhaps the weather showing has to do with receiving data as well. I think that it will get your location by gps or agps. I also have no issues with that. perhaps a slight delay sometimes, but not long.
Just wanted to comment for those having problems. If they were aware of touching the icons on the face to set the different settings. brightness, location for temp, etc. Sorry if I didn't help much.

Leftyswinger

Reaction score
hey all, first time poster. i got my droid over the verison tele-sales, i got extra discounts on the accessories: the home docks were $15 each, the car dock was $22.50 the holster was like $10 and the screen protecors were like $8.

my recent problem is when i put it in the dock and touch the screen it completely blacks out, the lock button doesnt do anything, i have to phisically take it out and press the lock button several times.
any thoughts?

I am having this same problem.

When I dock my phone, it automatically docks and goes to the "dim" blue screen setting. When I hit the light bulb, it flashes to the "normal" red screen for a second, and then goes black. I hit where the lightbulb is, and it goes back to dim mode.

I want the normal, red looking, bright screen to show up...it's gone....

It's driving me nuts, I've googled and searched for days, and the only thing I've come up with is:

Trying the camera button to wake
Application/options/disable sleep while awake setting (or similar)

help...

EDIT: I JUST FIGURED IT OUT! I turned on "Auto Adjust Brightness" in the main settings, and it fixed it.

Last edited:

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I use mine at work plugged into my computer. It serves as the charger and usb access.

I upgraded to the 2.1 multimedia screen and gallery (non-rooted). That works much better. The black screen with the green times is perfect for night at home (on my homemade lego dock). The cradle is very convienent giving me the full access to the phone and information at work.

Good thing someone posted that discount code and the bundle from verizon a while back; I got car cradle, the dock with a car charger for 32 bucks. I probably would have never bought it at full price, but definitely am glad i have it now.

Takieyda

Reaction score
Had my Droid about a week and picked up the Media Dock yesterday. I really like the whole idea of it. Especially since I don't like putting my phone down on hard surfaces, bed side stand, even on it's back.

The problem I'm having though is when I dock it, and select Multimedia Station, then the Alarm button it force closes the app. It doesn't do this if I select Clock when I dock it. I'm wondering if this is an issue with something I'm doing or perhaps because I'm running Bugless beast 0.7?

Also, I've noticed a few people say that their docks came with another micro USB cable and USB wall plug. Why'd mine come with a wall charger hard wired with a micro USB end?

I use mine at work plugged into my computer. It serves as the charger and usb access.

I upgraded to the 2.1 multimedia screen and gallery (non-rooted). That works much better. The black screen with the green times is perfect for night at home (on my homemade lego dock). The cradle is very convienent giving me the full access to the phone and information at work.

Good thing someone posted that discount code and the bundle from verizon a while back; I got car cradle, the dock with a car charger for 32 bucks. I probably would have never bought it at full price, but definitely am glad i have it now.

Is that discount code still going? :)

FormerHPB

Reaction score
Had my Droid about a week and picked up the Media Dock yesterday. I really like the whole idea of it. Especially since I don't like putting my phone down on hard surfaces, bed side stand, even on it's back.

The problem I'm having though is when I dock it, and select Multimedia Station, then the Alarm button it force closes the app. It doesn't do this if I select Clock when I dock it. I'm wondering if this is an issue with something I'm doing or perhaps because I'm running Bugless beast 0.7?

Also, I've noticed a few people say that their docks came with another micro USB cable and USB wall plug. Why'd mine come with a wall charger hard wired with a micro USB end?

They must have changed it recently. I got mine right after xmas and it's got the USB cable and USB wall plug.

Booch_21

Reaction score
Bought the dock with my initial purchase. Also bought the Body Glove to use on the phone. That is now the problem since I would have to remove the Body Glove in order to use the dock. I ended up with Dockrunner instead and let the phone sit on my night stand on the backside while charging. I can just flip the phone up to see it and the brightness isn't in my face. Never had an issue with the weather data coming to it. So I use the quick charge cord and no dock. Had the same issue with my MotoQ and the dock. Once you put any kind of semi-permanent cover on it, docks are no good.